Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the temp that the electric fan comes on at on our 2.3's? I just replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor which is what I thought the problem was, I let my car idle to about half way on my gauge in my car, and the fan didn't come on until I unplugged the sensor. So I'm kinda lost now, any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Does anyone know the temp that the electric fan comes on at on our 2.3's? I just replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor which is what I thought the problem was, I let my car idle to about half way on my gauge in my car, and the fan didn't come on until I unplugged the sensor. So I'm kinda lost now, any help is appreciated :)
I honestly don't know when the fan comes on but when i bought mine the last owner just ran a switch into the cab so u can just turn it on and off when needed.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly don't know when the fan comes on but when i bought mine the last owner just ran a switch into the cab so u can just turn it on and off when needed.
Thanks, I was kinda leaning towards doing that

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Mine is 180 I think I have the turbo coupe dual eletric fans

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'd say it's running a tad bit hot but not much

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah I have the Same problem . I replaced fan control relay, radiator,temp sensor,thermostat, fan switch from another junkyard car. Don't know if I should get that new . It would suck if that one was bad too. But saving got it. And I have the fan rigged to always be on in the meanwhile .just don't like that it robs my alternator power. I bypassed the heater core cause it was leaking coolant also.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

By junkyard meant only to the fan switch sensor

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Others are new

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Hope someone knows

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got finished wiring it up to a switch, worked great!

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts