Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The quadrant in the 89 2.3 stripped. Popped and ground loud, now it won't hold. What are 4cyl guys doing to replace that old hunk of junk? Can a double hook quadrant(steeda?) be used with the factory cable?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The quadrant in the 89 2.3 stripped. Popped and ground loud, now it won't hold. What are 4cyl guys doing to replace that old hunk of junk? Can a double hook quadrant(steeda?) be used with the factory cable?
I actually had the same problem I bought a stress double hook quadrant from cjpony it took 3weeks. Before I got the part I messed around with it. What I did was push the quadrant that's on there to the left I realized that it was kind of sideways it has been working fine ever since. Still have the quadrant I bought from cjpony never opened. Let me know of it works. Just wiggle it around push it firmly to the left.

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

And to answer your question I believe that it can but you might need the firewall adjuster. Bit I heard the firewall adjuster break easy do not know for sure though. I also thought min was stripped because it did exactly what yours did but I just looked at it to figure out why it would be stripped and just moved it to be straight try it

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thing's definitely broken. Holds tension up to about half the pedal travel then slips down. I can get a quadrant local, ill grab a firewall adjuster while I'm at it and see how that goes

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to update. Installed steeda's double hook quadrant and my factory cable was a touch too long to work correctly. Added their firewall adjuster and everything is dialed in exactly how I want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts