Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my build. I got a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. The body is trashed. I bought it for the motor, trans, & what not. My plan is to transplant the turbo motor into a foxbody. Yesterday I picked up a foxbody. 89 LX, 4 cyl, auto. The body is pretty much rust free (a lil surface rust but nothing major. A few dents & dings but again nothing major. The interior has seen better days, I have another whole interior so nbd. So I guess this is the start of my turbo stang build.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Sounds like your off to a good start port the head and get bigger valves and get a 5 angle valve job the bigger valves wake it up a whole lot

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just gonna freshen it up a bit for now. New gaskets, timing belt & tensioner. Maybe get my buddy to gut & rotate the upper intake & port/knife edge the lower. Next winter I plan on doing a total rebuild. New piston & rods, boport stage 3 head, cam, bigger turbo, plus some esslinger goodies. I wanna shoot for 300-400 hp when its all said & done.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
do yourself a favor and put a performance cam in it ,itll make a big difference
had an 88 Turbo coupe ,with a full exhaust , a little more boost and a cam she ran 13.80's ans that's a heavy car .................

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
I'm just gonna freshen it up a bit for now. New gaskets, timing belt & tensioner. Maybe get my buddy to gut & rotate the upper intake & port/knife edge the lower. Next winter I plan on doing a total rebuild. New piston & rods, boport stage 3 head, cam, bigger turbo, plus some esslinger goodies. I wanna shoot for 300-400 hp when its all said & done.
That's the HP range I'm going for too if its not too much to ask would you let me know everything you've done to it when its all done??? :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For sure, its kinda hard to find a lot of info on this kinda swap. Its been done just not a lot of info on doing it. I'm just waiting on funding to go any farther, but as I get stuff done I'll post it here. So far I only have about $700 into project mongoose.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
For sure, its kinda hard to find a lot of info on this kinda swap. Its been done just not a lot of info on doing it. I'm just waiting on funding to go any farther, but as I get stuff done I'll post it here. So far I only have about $700 into project mongoose.
Yeah I've been looking for a while thanks!! :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You will be in the 500 hp range with the head and supporting mods and get a front mounted innercooler makes a big difference

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So just a small update. I paid $400 for the tbird, I sold some body parts for $200 & hauled the rest in for scrap $230. I got paid $30 to take the 2.3 turbo engine, t5 trans, & 8.8 trac-lock disc brake rear. Thats a bonus if you ask me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I finally got my clutch, now I gotta get my flywheel turned. The swap will be happening real soon. Can't wait.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts