Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I'm kicking around an idea. I have a FMIC & I'm thinking about using pvc for the piping. I know usually you use aluminum but I'm on a tight budget. I have used pvc wrapped in header wrap before for cold air intakes & never had a problem. I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but here goes. The auto trans blew up Friday so I started the swap. I got the 4lug disc brake rear in, the hydraulic clutch setup in, the engine & T5 in just have to hook everything up. I have roughly 35-40 hours into the swap so far. Once I get it done I'll try to get some vid & pics up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If I can get off work early today I'm gonna try to get everything hooked up, try to get her fired up. Still gotta get a bigger fuel pump and hook up the rear breaks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So an update, the swap is done. 8.8 posi rear, t5 trans with hydraulic clutch, 2.3 Turbo, 255 lph 100 psi walbro fuel pump, now just trying to iron out some wiring bugs.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
So an update, the swap is done. 8.8 posi rear, t5 trans with hydraulic clutch, 2.3 Turbo, 255 lph 100 psi walbro fuel pump, now just trying to iron out some wiring bugs.
Nice man hope everything goes smoothly :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update, I got everything in now. Just got to get my wiring problem fixed. Can't get it to start, getting there though.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

If you want to see all the pics of the build so far check out Griffin1781 on photobucket. As soon as I figure out how to get the link I'll put it up.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/Griffin1781/stang

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I came to the conclusion that it's more than likely that the ecm is fried, now to find another one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I tried to run a self test on the ecu & got nothing. It won't throw any codes. I have checked a couple of different things to make sure it's getting power & it is. Not throwing codes is a pretty sure sign that it's fried. I'm gonna get another one & make sure. I figure it can't hurt.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
New ecu & still nothing. So I'm gonna drop the steering column & start checking wires.
Is the engine turning over?

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
The engine won't turn over. I got my hands on a multi meter gonna do some checking.
Oh. :/ hope you can get it figured out

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
Well I got fuel & spark, just won't fire. It still won't turn over with the key. Any ideas?
Bad coil(s) That's all I can think don't know tho

21 - 40 of 134 Posts