Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
There's a 18-24 pin connector that can usually does crack that's more than likely the problem. If your column is a tilt also check the bolts that are under the multiple-function switch as they come loose and can cause a broken connection at that same connector. It's right behind the key cylinder on the column

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I think what you're talking about is the ignition switch. Where the key goes is the lock cylinder the wires directly behind that is the ignition switch. I replaced the switch & everything is working now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks, from what I've read those ignition switches are kinda of a known gremlin. It's the third one I've replaced. Last one just fell apart.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So another sacrifice to the god of speed. The rubber boot that goes from the turbo to the intercooler blew out. Couldn't get my hands on a suitable replacement. So I used a cheap rubber coupling from ace Hardware about $5. Lasted about 2 weeks till heat & pressure got to it. So I put another one on till the replacement gets here from stinger performance. Reinforced silicone with tbolt clamps. Also found a t3/t4 50 trim turbo for $100 & a set of brand new 42lbs injectors for nothing. Then gonna get a dyno tune. $300 bucks hurts. Also looking into a stand alone from Wilson racing that runs C.O.P. setup. In the works now is a custom made forward facing upper intake with a 70mm tb & phenolic spacer. Then the FMIC. Over the winter new head. Won't be long & should be well into 300-400 hp range. Oh yeah 3" down pipe too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I picked this nice Shiney bov for $40. Those sweet reinforced silicone couplers with t-bolt clamps for $30 from stinger performance. No more blow outs or the intercooler blowing off when under pressure. My buddy is gonna weld the bov flange 2 the intercooler, that will keep me spooling between shifts & help with the blow out problem. Plus help prolong the life of the turbo some by preventing compressor surge.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
I picked this nice Shiney bov for $40. Those sweet reinforced silicone couplers with t-bolt clamps for $30 from stinger performance. No more blow outs or the intercooler blowing off when under pressure. My buddy is gonna weld the bov flange 2 the intercooler, that will keep me spooling between shifts & help with the blow out problem. Plus help prolong the life of the turbo some by preventing compressor surge.
Perrrty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice build you have going on there bro. Keep it up, I am awaiting the next post. I love custom builds. Especially the ones that involve small displacement engines with boost :D Good job on a budget so far!

61 - 80 of 134 Posts