Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I plan on ordering sprint springs (2" drop) c/c plates and offset steering rack bushings. Is there anything else i need? Also with a 2 inch drop will i have a lot of rubbing? I have 255/45/17's in the front and back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
white99 said:
This week I plan on ordering sprint springs (2" drop) c/c plates and offset steering rack bushings. Is there anything else i need? Also with a 2 inch drop will i have a lot of rubbing? I have 255/45/17's in the front and back.
You will rub in the front when you turn your wheel to each side. You can get rack spacers (about 3$ from Ford) and pop them onto your steering rack to somewhat limit the rubbing.... The spacers will not allow you to turn far enough to rub. These spacers are what is stock on the 03 Cobra to keep the 275 width tires from rubbing in the front.

I wouldnt do it if you're not going to get shocks/struts at the same time... you are going to regret dropping it that low...

Notice how when the drop goes from 2+ inches all the reputable spring companies drop off the map... its for a reason! I would lessen the drop a little unless this is for shows...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notice how when the drop goes from 2+ inches all the reputable spring companies drop off the map... its for a reason! I would lessen the drop a little unless this is for shows...
Actually Eibach's sportline kit lowers a stang 1.7"-2.3". I was just going with sprint to save myself some money. Should i save up for the eibach instead, because i know they have a great rep. and yes this is mostly for shows. I don't drive the car year round.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i had the same tires and the sprint springs on my 2000 v6. and had absolutly no rubbing. you'll be fine. i liked the springs too. where are you getting your springs at. i got them for $164 shipped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black00GT said:
i had the same tires and the sprint springs on my 2000 v6. and had absolutly no rubbing. you'll be fine. i liked the springs too. where are you getting your springs at. i got them for $164 shipped.
i found them at www.impactparts.com they are 191.44 shipped. where did u find them that cheap?

·
Registered
800 Posts
There is a fella on our forum board that is selling the eibach/tokico shocks/struts setup from his Mach1/Roush for 250$ that is a steal there for that price, and those are some awesome springs setup.

I have never heard of Sprint Springs myself, but I can asure you that 2" drop is not by any means what you want, that is way to low for a 00 v6, we had eibach Pro Springs on our v6 for 1.5wks the other yr, and the yoke near the front of the exhaust mounting started to rub very badly, so we went back and had our stock springs put back on the car after that...

here are pics from when it was lowered...

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diamondz/2000%20Stang/Lowered/

Yes it looked bad ass, but was not drivable with all the rubbing and scrapping we did.

I suggest you get FMS springs if any at all, they are only like 109 or so, and will give a drop of maybe 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You would be dragging the ground with 3" drop, I had 2" drop on my 94 v6 vert, Jamex, and they were supposed to be convertable springs too! I hit a dip in the road at 60 mph and bottomed out on the highway, they came off that car.

If I recall correctly this picture with the bullitt rims had the steeda rear springs on it, Jamex still in the front, with two sets of Kenny Brown spacers under the front springs to raise it up about 1/2 an inch in front. It was still a bit low in front, I had to be careful of speed bumps, etc.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
:eek: You pretty obviously like Steeda products, why not go with their springs and drop 1.25", it looks great, and its a lot more sensible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have not had one person say go for it, so now i am reconsidering:confused: It is between Steeda and MAC but MAC is about $40-50 cheaper. Anyone know anything good about MAC they drop 1.5" i think.

·
Registered
800 Posts
cheaper going with FMS than Steeda, you are just paying for sumthing they are putting there sticker over, and FMS is the same quality...

didnt know MAC did suspesion, exhaust and CAI yes, but not suspesion....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have only seen one person on this site who had Mac Springs. Steeda springs are definitely good, I have them on my IRS now. I have Eibach Cobra Rs on the front.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes, Mac makes some control arms, springs, and 3/4 subframe connectors, not sure what else.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i guess that is the same site i got them from. i guess they just changed it up. And raised the price. cause i got my for $164 shipped. GO with sprint. There good springs. I just don't think anyone on here other than me have used them. So thats why there not being recommended.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not try coil-overs? I like being able to adjust them up or down and they aren't too hard to put in. D&D makes some awsome setups. More money though, but worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Laser02 said:
MAC suspension products = the lose.

Steeda springs are made to Steeda specs by Eibach. They are quality.
Actually most steeda and roush are Ford Motor Sports FMS. So why pay more for a name and get the best deal

Oh 3" drop is ass and is for non driven show cars. hell you could not get over a tiny speed bump

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't even consider MAC springs. I have them in the front and I've even cut them a half coil and they still barely dropped me 1". Just go with any big name brand and you'll be fine.

KrazyPony said:
There is a fella on our forum board that is selling the eibach/tokico shocks/struts setup from his Mach1/Roush for 250$ that is a steal there for that price, and those are some awesome springs setup.
Who is it that is selling the Eibach springs/Tokico shocks & struts for $250?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts