Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy some eibach lowering springs from a guy on craigs list for 75 bucks. Poor s.o.b. never got to put em in his stang before he totaled it. He says they will drop it 2 inches all the way around. I probably won't get them installed until spring so that way I can get the cc plates too over the winter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I think a two inch drop looks great. I had mine slightly lower than that and loved the look.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Visually the drop is amazing..probably the best drop height for our cars. Depending on where you live 2" lower could make driving a pita. Do consider that.

Also +1 on getting plates. You could probably get away with camber bolts but a good set of plates is the best option. May also want to replace/upgrade shocks/struts/ball joints while you're in there and save time and/or labor.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
I like a mild drop all the way around myself. You do need enough suspension travel and also don't want to be scraping every damn where you go. Not to mention not slamming your car allows you to stuff some pretty big tires up front.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats why I am probably going to wait until spring to get them in.. I plan on getting shocks, struts,cc plates,and lower control arms over yhe winter. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i would go with an adjustable shock and strut if going over a 1.5'' drop and don't forget to check out those isolators while your in there.they may need replacing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Searched the parts numbers and they are a 1.5 to 1.75 inch drop which makes me feel better about them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think a 1.5" drop is just about right on a 94-04. More than 2" is a little much IMO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree laser...can't wait to get them put in in spring time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I agree laser...can't wait to get them put in in spring time.

Spring time... As in, the season? Or when you lower your car?

I crack myself up!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 11 of 11 Posts