Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, still looking at the 2012 Mustang Premium Convertible-Ingot Silver Metallic.
I have 2 more questions
Where are the 8 speakers located? I've found the 2 on each front door and 1 on each side in back. Cannot find the other 2. Nothing on the dash.

Next question is about the convertible top. The elastic straps, that pull the top into the frame when lowering, have stretched causing the corners not to pull in properly and seat. The straps are shewn into the top and then attached to the top frame. Picture attached. Any ideas on how to replace or rectify the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
There are 6 in the front doors and 2 in the rear. As for the top, can't know I have a coupe.

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out where to get these straps or how to fix? Any help would be great.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out where to get these straps or how to fix? Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Convertible strap

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Thanks
Didn't find the straps specific to the mustang. Purchase elastic strapping, the width of the original, from a fabric store. Cut to size (keep in mind the tension you want to pull that corner in) and then sew into place. Should work well!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Didn't find the straps specific to the mustang. Purchase elastic strapping, the width of the original, from a fabric store. Cut to size (keep in mind the tension you want to pull that corner in) and then sew into place. Should work well!
Exactly what I did with mine. The end of the elastic attached to the top was still good so I sewed the new piece to that one using upholstery thread. Poked a hole in the other end and screwed to frame. Worked great for over two months now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Exactly what I did with mine. The end of the elastic attached to the top was still good so I sewed the new piece to that one using upholstery thread. Poked a hole in the other end and screwed to frame. Worked great for over two months now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Just noticed today that my straps are almost cut through. Looks like the hinged mechanism rubs on them as the top moves. I like your idea about the fabric store; I'll get some.

Reactions: Tonyc

·
Registered
542 Posts
One set of door speakers is either coaxial (I.e. two speakers in one) or in the case of my ‘13 there is a mid range and tweeter built into the same assembly but side by side instead of coaxially configured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did what Rickster said. I sewed another piece of black elastic to the two frayed ends with upholstery thread. I put the top partway down to take the tension off the straps first. Then I gave my boss some elastic and thread and lent him the big needle to fix his. It seems to be fine for both of us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts