Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 20" rims today.. tire size front is 255/35/zr20 on front and 275/35zr20 on back. The fronts are 20x8.5 and rear are 20x10. Anyone have similar size? Just wanna make sure no rubbing happens. My car is an 06' gt. I am gonna have them installed when my ball joint gets replaced this week.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
People run 20' wheels with wider tires no problem on like 1' drop so you should be good. What are the offsets on them?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought a set of 20" rims today.. tire size front is 255/35/zr20 on front and 275/35zr20 on back. The fronts are 20x8.5 and rear are 20x10. Anyone have similar size? Just wanna make sure no rubbing happens. My car is an 06' gt. I am gonna have them installed when my ball joint gets replaced this week.
I have 20s and they rub only when a passenger is the back and I hit a big bump. You'll be fine as long as you don't lower it.

·
Premium Member
5,416 Posts
I wanna see these installed, subscribed. Lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do y'all think 22" are too big ? I still wanna run and gun but I'm sure that's not possible if i go that route
I think they belong on trucks or SUVs...you'd probabaly need to upgrade brakes too to prevent your rotors from warping if you're still gonna be driving hard.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree dont do 22 those are way too big. But hey its your car so you do what you want. I got 20 inch and they are great for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think 19s are about the largest I would put on my 07. She's got the factory 18s already but they wont clear most brake kits. I just cant see adding the additional unsprung weight most 20s bring to the party. My 18s are too heavy as is. I think wheels alone are about 35lbs ea. Looking for something in the 20-25lb range. That being said they sure look good.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts