Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an aftermarket radio into my mustang, using the METRA 70 5511 wiring kit. Everything works right, with the radio itself, I just have no sound. I don't understand why I don't have sound, but I don't see any reason that I shouldn't have sound. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have speakers. The only reason that I am installing the aftermarket stereo is because, the stereo that was in it before, has been stolen recently. So, I have no choice but to replace it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Did you connect the wires right? Are the speakers even connected? I bought my car with no stereo in it so I had one installed. I was doing some bodywork one day and I had to take the speaker off to take the side mirror off. And sure enough the speakers weren't even connected

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, the stereo was stolen. Before it was stolen the sound was perfect, I hadn't had any issues. Am I using the correct harness adapter for this installation? I mean what are some other possibilities.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the harness and everything is in the car, nothing in the car is missing the only thing that is missing is the stereo itself everything is in tact, and nothing is missing, Just there is no sound coming from my stereo. I don't really know what the issue is, I just know I do have speakers, I do have the colors all matched up, I do have the mach 460 system, and I do have the wires in the car, I just don't know if I'm using the right harness, or if the reason that it won't work has something to do with the amps, I keep reading online something about the amps have to have power, or something and I keep seeing a bunch of different harnesses some of which have like RCA plug in's but this wire kit that I have doesn't have that. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you checked the fuses? Maybe something shorted out when they stole your radio. Fuses would be the first thing I would check.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Oh and the harnesses with the RCA plugs are for the cars with double dins, like the 01 and up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it were a fuse, Would I still be able to turn the radio on, and it maintain all functionality other than sound?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe there is one under the hood and two on the inside. I'll see if I can find them. The best place to look would be in the owners manual to find the fuses. I have an 01 my self, so it is a different unit, so they may be different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked under the hood, and I can't identify the ones that are in the car( I didn't know there was more than one fuse box inside the car either). If I knew where the fuse for the AMP was, so that I had power it would be greatly appreciated to anyone that can help, thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are the radio fuses, but if the radio has power, shouldn't that mean the fuses are good, shouldn't I be looking for a fuse that says something like "AMP" or "Speakers" or something along those lines? Correct me, if I'm wrong. I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you pull them or no? At this point does it matter if it says radio? Like i said, both say radio, but would you really have two fuses for one thing. This leads me to guess one of them runs the amps. Also another thing I have heard is when you have problems like that, it is just faster to pull every fuse one by one until you find a blown fuse. Helped me find the problem on my mom's Acura. I literally pulled every fuse on that car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I didn't pull EVERY fuse, but I pulled those 2 fuses, and there wasn't one issue with either one of them. Any other ideas, and it does make sense why have more than one fuse, but I should mention from what I've researched there are actually 3 fuses. 27, 32, and 37 so I went ahead and pulled the 3rd fuse, and it was fine too. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I installed a kenwood HU, I don't know the exact model off hand. Would it make sense for the amps to work perfect, before it was stolen, and then as soon as I install a new radio, the amps to be dead? Is there a way that I can just take the amps out of the picture, and just install the radio without the amps, and get sound?

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could wire directly to the speakers, but it may not sound right. Aftermarket head units are usually 4 ohm. I know the factory speakers are not 4 ohms. If you wired directly, you should get new speakers also.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts