Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So randomly my clutch seems a lot easier to push now is this a warning sign for something going bad in the clutch itself or is it my transmission?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
It's probably your clutch quadrant. Do you have an aftermarket clutch? Take a look at your clutch pedal under the dash. Look for a white half moon plastic piece. There should be teeth on the outer edge, see if those look worn down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably your clutch quadrant. Do you have an aftermarket clutch? Take a look at your clutch pedal under the dash. Look for a white half moon plastic piece. There should be teeth on the outer edge, see if those look worn down.
Yeah I do have an after market ford racing clutch.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Yeah I do have an after market ford racing clutch.
It's probably your quadrant. The stock set-up doesn't react well to heavy pressure plates. American Muscle sells aftermarket set-ups that deletes the quadrant and runs a firewall adjuster instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's probably your quadrant. The stock set-up doesn't react well to heavy pressure plates. American Muscle sells aftermarket set-ups that deletes the quadrant and runs a firewall adjuster instead.
Where is this piece at I don't see it.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Where is this piece at I don't see it.
It should be mounted on a shaft somewhere above your gas pedal. Where does the rattle sound like it's coming from?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
The rattling is coming from underneath and when I push in my clutch it goes away.
Is it extremely loud? That is probably something more clutch related.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It's not real loud but it's noticeable, it almost sounds like something rattling.
Yeah I've had that before where my clutch rattled/squeaked at idle but went away when pressing on clutch.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ok I'm gonna jump in here because I went park my car just a min ago at school and snap!!! I freaked out! Thought ah there goes my clutch! But luckily no I think I just broke my clutch quadrant. After reading these post I am leaning towards the stage II clutch causing this. Any suggestions on getting her home I'm really afraid of getting stuck in traffick?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Ok I'm gonna jump in here because I went park my car just a min ago at school and snap!!! I freaked out! Thought ah there goes my clutch! But luckily no I think I just broke my clutch quadrant. After reading these post I am leaning towards the stage II clutch causing this. Any suggestions on getting her home I'm really afraid of getting stuck in traffick?
Basically you're gonna have to drive without using your clutch.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
How the **** do you do that. I mean i have doen clutchless shifting before but how will u take off/stop without a clutch?
When you start to stop you shut off the engine, to start moving you push the clutch in to engage the neutral safety switch and start the engine with the car in gear. The starter should have enough torque to move the car. I had a buddy who's slave cylinder froze up in his Evo. He hated doing it but he managed to get the car home that way.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Couldn't I just buy a quadrant for now to get buy with?
Yeah that should be all you need to fix it. Clutchless driving is only necessary if you NEED to get somewhere and the Mustang is your only transportation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts