Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car jerks while I'm driving sometimes and at a stop what can be the problem and is it serious?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Don't do it if you have high mileage..many people here specifically on ME have had auto trannys with high mileage and still run strong but decided to change there fluid for the first time at high miles just for maintanence, 100 miles later there trannys were slipping. Many people will agree, and I'm sure many people with disagree, but I've seen it ruin decent transmissions multiple times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
187,000 everything been good what's idle? It's just started to jerk when I drive and stop sometimes

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
187,000 everything been good what's idle? It's just started to jerk when I drive and stop sometimes
187k on stock tranny DO NOT TOUCH THAT FLUID!!!!!!...Idle is the rotational speed the engine runs on when the engine is uncoupled to the drivetrain and the throttle pedal isn't depressed, which simply means when your car is sitting at a red light or sitting anywhere with the engine on, it is idling. When it is idling, check your rpms , does the needle bounce up and down at all? Or is it steady at a specific rpm?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Also 187k if its the stock auto tranny than its probably just the tranny...my old 99 v6 at 105k miles started to have a hard jerk from 1-2 shifts, was told I needed a new tranny or rebuild, well I just drove it harder, still shifted fine with the jerk at 126k miles when I sold it..I'd say by 187k it's time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks, seafoam the car, id start there
Could be the idle air contol valve or mass air flow sensor if it bogs up and down the rpms. Start by cleaning the maf sensor and iac with some carb cleaner but use maf cleaner on the maf. That's my suggestion

1 - 16 of 16 Posts