Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this mustang and it has 183,000 miles on it.. I want to either replace the engine or swap it with a more powerful engine that could just fit right in. Any suggestions on a more powerful engine that will work for sure, like a 302 or a 351??? will these work???

or should I just stick with the 4.6L?

:banana:

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Snakeyes057 said:
I just bought this mustang and it has 183,000 miles on it.. I want to either replace the engine or swap it with a more powerful engine that could just fit right in. Any suggestions on a more powerful engine that will work for sure, like a 302 or a 351??? will these work???

or should I just stick with the 4.6L?

:banana:

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!
There are all kinds of swaps you can do!.. The question is what are your goals and how deep are your pockets!.. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are all kinds of swaps you can do!.. The question is what are your goals and how deep are your pockets!.. Lol
well... I would love to just have more HP and torque really.. what would you do if you had deep enough pockets for a nice project for this car? I would like to supercharge it down the road but the miles are high, so i want to swap the engine first

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

well... I would love to just have more HP and torque really.. what would you do if you had deep enough pockets for a nice project for this car? I would like to supercharge it down the road but the miles are high, so i want to swap the engine first
would a 302 or a 351 be worth putting in? will that cause problems of any kind as far as instillation??

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Snakeyes057 said:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

would a 302 or a 351 be worth putting in? will that cause problems of any kind as far as instillation??
It'll be far easier to use a mod motor.. A DOHC 4.6 is a common swap

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
deadsp0t said:
It'll be far easier to use a mod motor.. A DOHC 4.6 is a common swap
+11.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Snakeyes057 said:

If money were not a problem then a brand new crate motor 5.0 would be my weapon of choice!..

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Eturner said:
+11.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

If money were not a problem then a brand new crate motor 5.0 would be my weapon of choice!..
If money weren't a problem get a crate engine from proformanceunlimited.com 10-15k for the engine but you can get a 500+ horsepower NA beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts