Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning to add the flowmaster 40 seriers mufflers and i want dual exhaust, so im just asking for some suggestions or ideas...heres a few Q's, 1. should i go with x or h pipe ? 2. can i keep stock headers ?
3. how much will it cost with 2 fm 40's and a new x/h pipe ? and 4. will this make my car rumble ?
any info will help. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would rethink going with the 40's on a V6, especially with an X pipe. It will not sound good, it will sound like tractor. Only a deaf person would mistake it for a V8. I would seriously consider going with an H pipe and Delta-Flow 50's. It'll sound smoother, and more mellow.

It won't be as loud. But there is a huge difference between sounding "louder" and "better".

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can't really make a v6 sound good, it'll be ok with 40's, get a H pipe, 40's are 80 bucks each an H pipe will be about 120-160, then install will be about $100-150. Yes you can keep the stock manifolds (the stangs don't come with headers)

so you're looking at $400 just for dual exhaust for a V6...not worth it.

Trust me, don't get glasspacks, they sound good for about 10K miles on a v8 then they start to sound like a rusted out stock muffler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you want a loud rumble then i would go with flowmaster 40 series, but if u want it to be loud then i would go with glasspack. It will cost you about 80-90 bucks a piece. You can go with stock headers. It don't matter about pipeing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts