Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Recently (supposedly) got a stage 1(2000) contacted roush they told me there data didn’t go back that far to check it’s authenticity could anyone point me in the right direction of finding this out?thanks

·
Premium Member
6,949 Posts
Any identification badges in the interior? There also would be a total production sticker in one of the door jams.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,949 Posts
That badge is correct. Also has the correct side exhaust side skirts. You should have a sticker in the passenger door jam that states a total production number from Roush. The lower stage new edge Roush cars can be complicated when accurately determine what body parts it’s supposed to have. Some have some bumper extensions on the front bumper and others got a complete bumper change. But back to the sticker, if it’s present in the door jam then I’d say it’s a real Roush. The S197 Roush cars were more consistent in the upgrades, and can be easier to identify, but the new edge cars are a complicated as there’s no backing of info from Roush. So you have to play the guessing game.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That badge is correct. Also has the correct side exhaust side skirts. You should have a sticker in the passenger door jam that states a total production number from Roush. The lower stage new edge Roush cars can be complicated when accurately determine what body parts it’s supposed to have. Some have some bumper extensions on the front bumper and others got a complete bumper change. But back to the sticker, if it’s present in the door jam then I’d say it’s a real Roush. The S197 Roush cars were more consistent in the upgrades, and can be easier to identify, but the new edge cars are a complicated as there’s no backing of info from Roush. So you have to play the guessing game.

Pick your poison.
Thank you , more information outta you than roush😂... there is some other stick there not but apparently this car had a sticker in back window said 1st 25 or 50 it was 23rd off production line guy told me he’ll idk lol thank you though

·
Premium Member
6,949 Posts
Unfortunately Roush isn’t very help with older models. I really wish they had a specific department or branch in the call center that focuses on the older cars. They have a very bad habit of forgetting about their older models. In all honesty that car isn’t worth much more than a regular V6. If it was a stage 3, it would be worth a healthy amount but a stage 1 isn’t really anything special. Not trying to be ugly or mean it’s just the reality.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did a quick search for people selling a 2000 v6 stage 1 roush and in my area, Houston, they range from 4k to 15k. I know that doesn't really help much, but it may be a start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately Roush isn’t very help with older models. I really wish they had a specific department or branch in the call center that focuses on the older cars. They have a very bad habit of forgetting about their older models. In all honesty that car isn’t worth much more than a regular V6. If it was a stage 3, it would be worth a healthy amount but a stage 1 isn’t really anything special. Not trying to be ugly or mean it’s just the reality.

Pick your poison.
No offense taken I kinda figured the kits the more expensive side to it as in exhaust
I did a quick search for people selling a 2000 v6 stage 1 roush and in my area, Houston, they range from 4k to 15k. I know that doesn't really help much, but it may be a start.
i appreciate it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts