Mustang Evolution Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1257 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Well this is how the AM roof vinyl fit. They already credited the $$$ I paid for it to my backordered headliner so kudos to them. I recommend anyone doing this to call and request it be cut a half inch wider and remove your roof panels. As this was cut... Even if it was slightly wider it would have literally barely fit.

The other side was just barely under the roof panel. So at this point I think I'm going to forget about the roof for now and concentrate on getting it running. One thing the vinyl did do is show me how good the black roof looks tho. Like was mentioned before, this is an easy panel to do for a pro.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
Actually going to be re-doing the vinyl because it looked damn good minus the gaps on the sides, I'm just going to be DIY this time.

5ft x 4ft 3M 1080 Series Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap Film G12 Car Vehicle Sheet Roll | eBay

$60 less than the AM one and I'm going to cut it similar to the AM one in the front/back but leave a LOT more meat on the sides so the vinyl comes down all the way to where the factory paint ends vs literally right at the edges of the roof panels.

But that is back burner now that I'm going to back to work Monday and if I get seen moving stuff around my garage I'm not going to get a phone call since my con leave is over lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Lol yeah it does when it fits properly. I dunno why I didn't just get a 3M sheet in the first place. I'm going to be sanding the roof down to the old clearcoat again to make it 100% silky smooth this time as well.

When I eventually do get the car re-sprayed I will probably have the roof done in a metallic flake black, the vinyl is only going to be for a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Let us see a far away pic scotty. So we can see how it looks installed, please.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
It's already tore off. Did not want it to get super set up if I was going to remove it anyway.

But I did snap a quick pic.

Like I said will be redoing with a 5x4 sheet from the evilbays that I cut myself so I know it's right. This roof has been an effing nightmare lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Actually ordered a 5x4 sheet of gloss black vinyl with air release channels for $26 shipped on ebay. So... yeah anyone wanting to do this, I will make a how-to and don't pay the $$$$$ for a pre-cut one.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
+1 agreed.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Sanded the entire roof silky smooth today, took like 2 hours lol. Then washed the car 3 times to make sure I got EVERYTHING off it.

All the primer and everything is gone, it's down to a roughed up factory clear coat so it has a real good surface to adhere to. Also took a plastic scraper and got a bunch of crud out from under the windshield and rear window rubber trim too.

As soon as this new vinyl comes in I am wrapping it. In the meantime... Have to figure out where to put all the crap in my garage to make room for the engine pull.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Should look awesome when done. I think i will like this look better than it did with the silver roof

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Oh I agree, even my wife said that the black roof looked way better as it broke up all the silver. Car is going to have the black roof, black Steeda rocker stripes, black hood vinyl, has the black Mach lip, has smoked headlights, will be doing a black Steeda wing and probably the Raxiom Icons for the tails even though I'm not a huge fan of Raxiom. Didn't like those lights AT ALL initially too but I think for this car they would be perfect.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Haha lol yeah they are a $300 expense I'll figure out when I am all done and the car is up and running. I have two smartphones I can probably get $250 each for and the Snow kit and whatever the hell chip is on this car I'll sell.

Plus the real low mileage PI heads/cams and the block from the motor in the car.

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Soccer are you not worried about getting your car stolen. Mustangs are hot here in Phoenix and would be scared ****less to park that Bullitt

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
No idea I'll find out

·
Registered
285 Posts
I did a little research on the temperature sending unit in the left head the only thing i could come up with is it was done to most of the late model Romeo heads and all Windsors.

"It scenes the temperature of the aluminum instead of the coolant, so that the ECU knows the engine is hot even if there's no coolant in the system"

Rebuilding the Ford 4.6L SOHC Engine - Engine Builder Magazine

Because my ecu is from a 1998 i need the coolant temperature sensor I will keep it on the crossover as designed.

I'm going to attempt to use the one on the head for an aftermarket gauge.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,187 Posts
I did a little research on the temperature sending unit in the left head the only thing i could come up with is it was done to most of the late model Romeo heads and all Windsors.

"It scenes the temperature of the aluminum instead of the coolant, so that the ECU knows the engine is hot even if there's no coolant in the system"

Rebuilding the Ford 4.6L SOHC Engine - Engine Builder Magazine

Because my ecu is from a 1998 i need the coolant temperature sensor I will keep it on the crossover as designed.

I'm going to attempt to use the one on the head for an aftermarket gauge.

You should start a separate thread for this so as not to hijack someone else's topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

181 - 200 of 1257 Posts