Mustang Evolution Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1257 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Eh, he's kinda helping me out since we are doing the same thing as far as both swapping in Vic engines.

As far as that temp sensor, good to know its not in the coolant. I will not be using it if it isn't in the coolant flow. Looks like I am going to have to pull the crossover and drill/tap it like I did on my other PI intake for the 98. Not hard, just a lot of metal flakes lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You should start a separate thread for this so as not to hijack someone else's topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Didn't realize i was steeping on toes here, I thought the post was on topic. If this is the case i wont post to the thread anymore.

Scotty once you have had a chance to look at the chip and if you are interested in selling it please email me with a price i am interested if the price is right.

Hey Azure I guess it's ok for Soccer to put a picture of his tail lights in the middle of the build thread but not for me to post something on topic. You should mind your own business. Just saying

·
Lorraine's driver
8,187 Posts
Hey Azure I guess it's ok for Soccer to put a picture of his tail lights in the middle of the build thread but not for me to post something on topic. You should mind your own business. Just saying

Well, no need to take it personal lol.

Sent from my iPhone while minding my own business

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
I think that everyone is just getting "antsy" to see Scotty's car running...

We don't care if you have to duct tape the damned temperature sender to the radiator hose Scotty. We want to see some action!
:p:

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
So, what's the exhaust system on this bad boy? I'm sorry if you have already answered this question.

Adventure till you drop

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Bbk tuned shorties to VRS catted X to Bassanni catback.

Lol yes I need to see some action soon myself. This Sunday I'm going to take all the crap out of my garage, back this sucker in and start tearing the front apart.

New vinyl is here but I can do that whenever.

Unfortunately, still under doctors orders to not do anything super stressful physically. Although I did say **** it and took my running buddy for a 1.5 mile jog.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I am not line dancing yet. Although I do frequent the occasional Zumba class...

At any rate. I did get cleared this week to start doing squats and working out again. This is a big deal for me because that means I can finally start lifting again seriously for the first time in almost 2 years. I start Monday. I will also be clearing the garage tomorrow or Sunday now that I can move a lot of the heavy stuff out of there and back this sucker in and start taking apart the front clip.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Garage cleared for the most part. Fully done by the end of the week. Had to take a break a few times as the knee started to swell... fml...

But in other news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Ugh, same **** that happened to my 98...

Welp, better buy one from AM before the price goes up like it did on LRS I guess...

Or just get the Eddy for futureproofing but probably not. PI intake will be better on this combo anyway.

This is why you NEVER buy used PI intakes btw. I still feel I got the motor for a bargain at 575 but ugh.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Man even with that low mileage huh? I guess it's more the sitting and age that does that. At least you caught it now. Cheap enough fix but I know you were really trying to stick to your budget. Those little things here and there always add up :(

IG @Oxford5pointoh

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #213 (Edited)
Man even with that low mileage huh? I guess it's more the sitting and age that does that. At least you caught it now. Cheap enough fix but I know you were really trying to stick to your budget. Those little things here and there always add up :(

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Its more time and heat cycles than mileage. Especially a car like a Vic owned by an old person. Going to be running around town at low rpm at low speed so not as much coolant flow and a lot hotter temps than tooling down the highway. I was kinda expecting this TBTH...

Sell ya my Bullitt intake

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Ha, and all the rest of the parts on your car to make it bolt right up?

:)

Like your alternator and all the brackets and the other little BS things?

I'll probably just do another PI or just say **** it and get the Eddy.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #215 (Edited)
Lol yeah well I will get whatever intake I settle on when the new motor is in the car. Don't need to worry about it till then. Most likely a new PI intake. Kinda hard to beat for the money although having this **** happen a second time to me in as many years even though they are 2 different motors... making a strong case for the Eddy.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
You still on track to get her ready for a debut at the AM show Scotty!? I think a lot of people are anxious to see it there

IG @Oxford5pointoh

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
I don't think so unfortunately. But hope springs eternal...

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Speedhut gauges finally came in. I am le excite. Going to clean and spray the autometer instrument bezel either straight black or I might match it to the charcoal. I have both dyes.

The gauges themselves are great and perfectly match the wideband I got. Will not match the autometers that came in the car but those will be on the pillar and these ones that all look the same will be right in front of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
Not that I that i would necessarily recommend reusing 10+ year old plastic intake manifolds but it will be interesting to see what condition that the manifold, currently on your car, is in.

It really does seem like those things have a "shelf life"!

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
The one on my car is a 2000 so not happening. I probably will just buy another PI... Grumble...

201 - 220 of 1257 Posts