Mustang Evolution Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1257 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I'd like to know how many aftermarket itakes they have sold through the years lol. Brilliant idea from ford. I can hear them now. Well, we'll get money out of them. We will make this part ummmm, plastic!

·
Registered
457 Posts
The plastic is lighter and cheaper, but you could not have a factory aluminum intake that smooth internally and be cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
The PI intake is a spectacular performer no doubt about it. One thing I have heard helps and I did it with my 98 is run a 180 stat so it opens sooner and you don't have as much hot coolant pooling right there. However the modular runs better a little hotter so w/e.

Somehow my plastic Expy intake is still going strong at 125k miles and its 12 years old. KNOCKS ON WOOD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks awesome so far Scott!!! Lotsa of accomplishments in such a short time!!

Will you be making American Muscle show?? Me and my club will be there! With "ole Blue"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
I du no if I will be there. The car definitely will not. :(

I'm going to do everything this fall/winter and start dding it next spring.

Glad you found this forum, always good to know you are a true enthusiast and my old 98 is in good hands. My dad still says that one was "the keeper" haha. It definitely is one of the cleanest sn95s out there.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I du no if I will be there. The car definitely will not. :(

I'm going to do everything this fall/winter and start dding it next spring.

Glad you found this forum, always good to know you are a true enthusiast and my old 98 is in good hands. My dad still says that one was "the keeper" haha. It definitely is one of the cleanest sn95s out there.

That one was yours? Was that before the white one?

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
He bought my blue 98 pi swapped gt. That was the one I had before this one. I sold it in November.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Gah stahp it you are making me miss her! Lol.

In other news, when I pulled the last piece of vinyl off the roof of this silver car, it took a big chunk of paint with it. Apparently that is common and not something the vinyl ppl mention. I have a few bare metal spots and am at this point very likely to limp this car 3 miles to a place that can paint it, get that done and limp it home and then do the motor. Last thing I want is to leave bare metal for long and have the rest of the roof start rusting.

I've put way too much effort into this damn roof... probably just going to get it done, done right and forget about it. Need to get this motor going. Started squats this week and the knee felt fine but the rest of my legs... ow... but that means moving a cherry picker around should be no problem.

I have a week off from the 18th-27th. Goal is to get the roof done and the motor out that week. Also need to get a lot of maintenance done on the truck and CRV.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Nothing like the feel of the hamstrings and quads after squating for the first time in awhile. You still got a hell of a deal regardless of all of this roof stuff.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I was just wondering because I'm going to have to use the VA to fuse my spine together. Wondering how all his surgeries went with them. Also you could shoot some self etching primer on those bare metal spots till you're ready.

Sent from the mothership.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Maybe he will chime in soon. Is really like to reprint my car. It isn't all that bad. But I'm a detail freak. My girlfriend backed into my car over the weekend. Didn't do much and you had to really look to see the spot. She cried and cried tho.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
My car got something really small thrown up on it by an oncoming semi and take flakes of my windshield out. And flakes of paint off of my bumper

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yea same with mine. I have to drive down a 2 lane highway for a long ways every day and they're building an interstate which truck load after truckload of dirt and rocks get dumped there daily. I have a bunch of those little chips and flakes in my windshield now.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Nothing like the feel of the hamstrings and quads after squating for the first time in awhile. You still got a hell of a deal regardless of all of this roof stuff.
Uh, yeah I had trouble walking the next day haha. I donated my old weight set to our work and it gets used regularly, now by me finally again. Just had 45s on the bar doing squats, 5 sets of 12. Just wanted to get back into it but probably should start increasing the weight and bring down the reps a little. What happens when you are told stop working out for over a year...

Scotty weren't you in the service?

He still is I think.. Could be mistaken though
Going on 12 years this coming May.

I was just wondering because I'm going to have to use the VA to fuse my spine together. Wondering how all his surgeries went with them. Also you could shoot some self etching primer on those bare metal spots till you're ready.

I don't think he like the treatment from the va. He talks about it here somewhere I think
As I'm still active, I do not deal with the VA. I went through the Tricare Prime network and found a surgeon of my choosing that does work for the Eagles and Giants and went with him. Couldn't have turned out better.

221 - 240 of 1257 Posts