Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1281 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Wow, just saw this thread in the 99-04 GT section.
Great find! 10x better than that Mach 1 you were looking at.

So glad we have a couple awesome builds going on within the forum.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,189 Posts
Love the color. Looks like it's in great shape. Good find! I am not familiar with Steeda GT's. Were the internals in the 2v's upgraded along with the Novi?

@azurebluemach

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Love the color. Looks like it's in great shape. Good find! I am not familiar with Steeda GT's. Were the internals in the 2v's upgraded along with the Novi?

@azurebluemach
Looking at the posted build sheet I would think not. I don't believe too many aftermarket builders like Steeda/Roush were doing forged internals or additions like that. Most just ran the stock 2V with a supercharger running low boost.

I could be wrong though...Steeda cars are definitely a rare find so who knows what actually was done to them. I'm sure Scotty will find out to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No forged motor, Steeda did it just like Roush/Saleen except they used a Centrifugal blower instead. And they used the Novi which is huge brownie points just because. The 2000 can move a LOT of air. I will not have to upgrade the blower when/if I eventually put in a built motor.

Like I said, plan is a stock low mileage 2V and keep the boost down at first and just enjoy it for the summer/fall/until salt is on the roads.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
I'm very happy for you Scotty. You finally got another one, welcome back to the club. Let's keep this one for a long time. It's a sweet ride, did Steeda give any performance figures?

Adventure till you drop

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Nah, I know that I'm going to set it to around 425whp and call it a day when I get it a new heart. I'm assuming that this is a car that is going to get me kicked out of Atco until I cage it tho. Will find out this summer hopefully. No cage+11s=bye.

Also.. after the entire afternoon the disaster that was my garage is now organized, stacked and I somehow found enough room in there and my shed to fit a car and all my crap.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Looks like you will have enough room if you get a little creative.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Lorraine's driver
8,189 Posts
I'm very happy for you Scotty. You finally got another one, welcome back to the club. Let's keep this one for a long time. It's a sweet ride, did Steeda give any performance figures?

Adventure till you drop

I figured he'd get one sometime. I understand how it goes when you need to put other things ahead of the hobbies, toys, and go-fast projects lol. Glad it worked out. :thumb:

@azurebluemach

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
As far as I know, this is the only Steeda on the forum.

The only other one that I can remember seeing on here was a late model car that Steeda had for sale.

That's awesome. We finally have one on the forum. I nearly bought a 08 Q495, when I was in the market. At the time, I never heard of a Q495 before. I'm familiar with the Q335, Q500, and Q650, but not the Q495. Which Steeda still does a lot more to their cars than Roush does. It appealed more to me as a circuit enthusiast, but the price didn't at all. Maybe one day. Now we need a Sherrod on the forum.

Adventure till you drop

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I PM'd [email protected] today to see about getting a fresh copy of the build sheet. Hopefully he gets back to me with some good news.

Also looking at mid-pipes today for this thing to replace the POS pipe on here. Going to go catted and would prefer stainless. The UPR catted is aluminized and $330 shipped. VRS (the company that makes the UPR pipes), does the catted pipe in stainless for $460 shipped.

Currently debating on if I really need to spend the extra coin... I had a BBK aluminized pipe on the 98 (the PO did) and I never drove the car in any bad weather and the thing still looked new after 2 years of me having it and I think it was on the car since before 2010 soo...

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
I went with all stainless on my most recent exhaust project.

In your case though, you may have a good point not to use stainless. If it never sees any weather, it's not really necessary. And if you do decide to go with a set of LT's in the future, the mid-pipe will need to be replaced anyway.

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
TJ came through in a big way! Apparently they had to email their lead engineer in Georgia to pull a paper copy out of a filing cabinet. And even having to do that I got the sheet like 2 hours after I requested it. Now THAT is service.

I blanked out the VIN myself on these sheets. It matches right up. Only thing the car does not have is the original floormats which Steeda still sells. Even the brakes and tires are original haha. So yeah tires are getting done literally as SOON as I get the engine in and verify everything is working ok. Brakes too...

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
So do you know the power figures after the package was installed? I'm just asking to satisfy my curiosity. Which I think it's awesome the way they built it. It's a sleeper with very little appearance upgrades. And you're basically covered on suspension, and brakes. So now just powertrain mods. And knowing you I think an 01 cobra bumper will be on the list, am I right?

Adventure till you drop

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If I win the gift card I'm getting a replacement hood strut kit first. Hell, I will probably buy that tonight honestly. There is a steeda strut kit on there now but its the old style and one strut is gone and the other is collapsed and the brackets aren't on properly.

I'm assuming the hood strut kit is as old as the rest of the car lol. New style looks way better anyway.

And yeah TJ is the man for sure. Makes me even more of a fan of the company. They make a great product, test their own stuff and I'm honestly wondering if there is a way to get the factory tune for this car on a SCT device. I need to PM him about that...

21 - 40 of 1281 Posts