Mustang Evolution Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1237 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Lol all the way in TX? Hell I'll ship anything.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Basically have to:

-Finish IRS swap and any shenanigans that come with that
-Intake cams and degree the 4V cams
-Pull 2V and trans out of car
-4V convert stuffs
-Drop 4V and trans back in
-Put everything back together
-Hope I didn't **** up and forget something or mess something up
-Startup tune and then go through all that
-Hope there are no surprises with it going overseas

I mean... I could do it but this is also getting all my moving stuff in line, getting rid of a bunch of other stuff around the house, starting back at my old job and having to re-learn all that etc... etc...

If I was not leaving for Spain in November I'd keep it but... that's a real short time and a part out would be way easier on everything and probably get me a nice running PI GT or SN95 Cobra or just put the $$$ away but it would make me ****ing sick to do it.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yeah well life seems to love me. Just found out my early November leave date includes me being in Delaware for C-5M Galaxy transition school for like 5 weeks so...

Not sure what to do right now.

Cleaned the **** out of the garage angrily.

Been having a debate all yesterday night and today with myself what to do with this thing. I'm almost ready to just rip it apart, have the chassis hauled off and then sell off the blower, interior, IRS, suspension, 4V stuff, intercooler, exhaust etc... I could probably get $5-6k for everything I have. If I still really wanted a Mustang to take with me after that there are plenty of nice SN95s and Edges in that range... I never should have sold that blue 98 I had... FML.
I will store it for you :) I have a great place for all of the parts, and the car.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #691
Lol because of theads like this. I know I could quicky make my money back parting it. There is a 86,000 mile garage kept 95 Cobra for $6k down the road that is really making me think...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #692 (Edited)
I really need a good TR3650. Hmmmm.
Its a t45 but they are interchangeable from
99-04. Butter smooth lol.

I say keep the car and ship the project to Spain. It will give you something to do once you get settled in.
Has to be running. They won't ship ppls
projects or every redneck in the military would try to ship a 1993 rusted out Bronco...

Don't give up. Try to finish it.

Like I mentioned... There is at least one really nice lower mileage Cobra around here for cheap and parting a SN95 is cake.

But if you don't........
Dibs on engine.

Remember it's a Conti engine lol. Or you mean the wap block? Have the bell adapter for the Conti engine tho.

We're vultures here. Lol
Why im considering parting it. Tons of good parts to generate $5 or $6k pretty quick with that blower involved.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The T45 is interchangeable, but are the speed sensors? Are both transmissions the same length? Will the same drive shaft fit? Are the internal gears the same ratio as the 3650?

When I replace my trans I want a simple swap with no issues.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I may need a new clutch and TOB also. Hahahaha

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Everything is the same except shifter.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
Keep the car man. Just get it done. It will be worth it once you get it drivable

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
The voice of reason... 😀

Hell yea for the right price I would come pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
It would be a shame to part out a low mileage car with nothing more wrong with it than a spun rod bearing... :(

Why don't you finish up with the rear install, so that the car will at least roll, and then decide if you want to try to sell it as a project car, or go ahead and toss it back together and keep it.
In my mind, you will expend just as much time and energy parting the car as you will putting it back together.

What you really need to ask yourself Scotty is, after owning the car for 25 months, do you think that you still have sufficient interest to carry on with the project?
You are about to make a significant lifestyle change... Is the Steeda going to fit in with that?

Along with many others, I'd like to see you complete the car and be happy with it. But if it is going to cause you stress in the short time that you have to put it all back together and get it tuned properly, I'd rather see you just sell the car.
There will be plenty of other projects down the road, and I don't think that you will miss having the car at your next post.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
It would be a shame to part out a low mileage car with nothing more wrong with it than a spun rod bearing... :(

Why don't you finish up with the rear install, so that the car will at least roll, and then decide if you want to try to sell it as a project car, or go ahead and toss it back together and keep it.
In my mind, you will expend just as much time and energy parting the car as you will putting it back together.

What you really need to ask yourself Scotty is, after owning the car for 25 months, do you think that you still have sufficient interest to carry on with the project?
You are about to make a significant lifestyle change... Is the Steeda going to fit in with that?

Along with many others, I'd like to see you complete the car and be happy with it. But if it is going to cause you stress in the short time that you have to put it all back together and get it tuned properly, I'd rather see you just sell the car.
There will be plenty of other projects down the road, and I don't think that you will miss having the car at your next post.
Getting the rear in it and making it a roller is def on the docket. Pull the engine and trans and sell the car like that would be pretty easy I think especially if I included the blower. Been thinking about actually parting it and just getting the rear and exhaust in it and that's probably the best bet if I don't finish it.

And about the car at my next post... I would miss having a MUSTANG there. They are over there to what Skylines are like here. Cool imports you almost never see. Plus the Europeans go nuts for them apparently.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #700 (Edited)
**** like this is why I'm kicking around just selling the roller and my project Jeep (finally got the ****er to stop smoking today I think) and a few other things to raise $5-$6k.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/fs-98-laser-red-black-leather.1141425/

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6192043652.html

Mileage isn't too much of a bother for me too, my blue one had 120k on the body and the damn thing was basically new.

Again... I know I'm indecisive... but I am also up against the clock here. Something like the red one would be nice because I could try to keep my blower and all the other 4V goodies I have and have them shipped over in my household goods to build a replacment engine on a stand and not have a car down for like 3 years...

681 - 700 of 1237 Posts