Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1296 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Nah, gotta be local although if that was local I might grab it...

Yeah I'm kinda pissed I missed that silver paint flaking but its not rusting through and like I said, worst case=vinyl.

Still can't figure out if anyone is running the Vortech cooler with a Paxton... I mean it LOOKS like it'll work...

I found a full blown aftercooler with literally everything including an upgraded heat exchanged for $400 shipped... but its not for the Paxton obviously and its also for a 4V. I have confirmed that a simple coupler adapts the 4V kit to work on a 2V tho.

Or I'll just buy the CX racing air to air and never have to worry about a pump burning up or a water tank or anything but I will have to cut the car for the IC to TB pipe...

I need to go to bed...

edit: probably am going to go for that aftercooler, just debating if I should spring an extra $100 for the aluminum water tank or the stock vortech one... I mean I'm assuming that the plastic tank would not get as hot as the metal one so probably the plastic. And cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Talked to the tuner again today and a few other ppl after I got off the phone with CX Racing. They'll sell me their entire "coldside" for $500 shipped. Ebay price and appx. 5% off.

This one

Cxracing Intercooler Kit 96 04 Ford Mustang 4 6L V8 supercharger Oil Cooler BOV | eBay

This is the kit practically everyone runs on their blowers. CX guaranteed it will fit my Paxton and I'm getting it with the correct 3" inlet coupler and black instead of blue silicone.

I almost bought that guy's aftercooler but I don't want to deal with water tanks and worrying about the pump going out or buying used for the same price as new. Also I would have to spend another $50 or so to make it fit and he would not budge from the $500 price point he wanted with the aluminum water tank. FMIC=plug and play and better for a driver anyway.

Trying to sell my 96-98 OEM Cobra rear bumper and the Snow Meth kit that came on the car as well as the mint condition 00 Charcoal center console to make back some money as I am on a strict budget like I said.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Talked to the tuner again today and a few other ppl after I got off the phone with CX Racing. They'll sell me their entire "coldside" for $500 shipped. Ebay price and appx. 5% off.

This one

Cxracing Intercooler Kit 96 04 Ford Mustang 4 6L V8 supercharger Oil Cooler BOV | eBay

This is the kit practically everyone runs on their blowers. CX guaranteed it will fit my Paxton and I'm getting it with the correct 3" inlet coupler and black instead of blue silicone.

I almost bought that guy's aftercooler but I don't want to deal with water tanks and worrying about the pump going out or buying used for the same price as new. Also I would have to spend another $50 or so to make it fit and he would not budge from the $500 price point he wanted with the aluminum water tank. FMIC=plug and play and better for a driver anyway.

Trying to sell my 96-98 OEM Cobra rear bumper and the Snow Meth kit that came on the car as well as the mint condition 00 Charcoal center console to make back some money as I am on a strict budget like I said.
He must like you better than me! Its like pulling teeth to get him to call back. I was emailing with him back and forth Maybe 2-3 times, then called when he said, didn't get a hold of him, then he called me while I was out of town for work and I missed it. Now It's like I missed my chance, lol, and all I want to do at this point is give him my money! Oh well, I'll give him another couple days, then I guess I'll order from Bama (cheaper anyway for what I need).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I realize he is very busy, this is because he is good of course That's Why I thought I would use him now and again with another mustang or when/if I make changes to the one I have.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
He seems terrible at getting back to emails but he picked right up when I talked to him and talked to me for 20 minutes. Today was a different tuner on one of the forums I belong to. I know James can tune for a FMIC anyway...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
He seems terrible at getting back to emails but he picked right up when I talked to him and talked to me for 20 minutes. Today was a different tuner on one of the forums I belong to. I know James can tune for a FMIC anyway...
Yeah. I'll try calling him a couple times tomorrow. Just have to give him my cc info and order it. Lol

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Subframe connectors!

Bullitts are better than Bullets
it has them. not full length tho. ill have to eventually cut these off and do full lengths.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ordered the same Exedy Mach 400 clutch i did on my 98 last year. Also found a shop that has the 11" oem nodular 6 bolt flywheels for $170 shipped. This setup is good for 510 ft lbs at the flywheel which is fine for putting in a stock motor. VRS (same as upr) catted X also on order and the intercooler should be here middle of next week. Cant wait for it all to start arriving.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Wideband is ordered but i forgot to tell the shop making my x pipe to add a bung for it argh... emailing them. Also got ahold of my local powdercoater and it will be $300 to restore the Konig rims.

Nickel and dime nickel and dime lol

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
Pretty sure it was an option you could get from Steeda.

Side question when did Steeda stop making them?
Build sheet he has shows the novi as part of the build
They can really make some good power. I missed it on that build sheet lol. I had assumed it was added by the original owner. Pretty damn sweet. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Novi is original. The 2000 is almost identical to the T trim Vortech. Lots of room to grow.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
$8k budget is going fast lol... good news is I have bought almost everything I can think of. After I get the motor I'll have $700 left for rando parts... I'll probably use that all up and have to tap into my regular paycheck for a few more things but it'll be worth it.

This car is so low mileage in in such good shape and its a rare numbered car I dont' see myself selling it... I know I'm the "just get a Coyote" nutswinger on here a lot but this car came with a 20 psi capable blower on it already. I paid as much for this whole car as a new Novi2000/T Trim would cost by itself.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
^ it's a numbered car and a piece of steeda muscle history. You're showing it the love it deserves. I think any of us would hope to keep it forever.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Limited production cars aka numbered cars = $$$$
Which in the long run it will be worth more being a rare car.

Adventure till you drop

·
Registered
847 Posts
Late to subscribe, build worth watching for sure. Congrats on the Steeda, I'm waiting on some of their parts rite now lol.
That's a rare beauty

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

61 - 80 of 1296 Posts