Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1209 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
That's still a REALLY great budget for what will be a low mileage, 400 HP rare monster when youre done. You could probably almost double your 8k when It's done to the right buyer or maybe even more?!! You took a risk and it appears that it will pay off tremendously!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'll find out.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
140 Posts
$8k budget is going fast lol... good news is I have bought almost everything I can think of. After I get the motor I'll have $700 left for rando parts... I'll probably use that all up and have to tap into my regular paycheck for a few more things but it'll be worth it.

This car is so low mileage in in such good shape and its a rare numbered car I dont' see myself selling it... I know I'm the "just get a Coyote" nutswinger on here a lot but this car came with a 20 psi capable blower on it already. I paid as much for this whole car as a new Novi2000/T Trim would cost by itself.

Have you thought about building the motor with cobra compression? 750 can get your rods and Pistons from mmr 750hp capable, that's what I'll be doing when it's time for boost

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thats later. I just want to get it going. I would not ever want 8.5:1 compression with a centri blower either.

Plan over the winter is to find a 3V block, buy Boss rods and Probe pistons. Will have to find another oem forged crank somewhere... still mad i sold my teksid and oem forged crank back in November.

Also not a huge fan of mmr.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Thats later. I just want to get it going. I would not ever want 8.5:1 compression with a centri blower either.

Plan over the winter is to find a 3V block, buy Boss rods and Probe pistons. Will have to find another oem forged crank somewhere... still mad i sold my teksid and oem forged crank back in November.

Also not a huge fan of mmr.
No car nowadays should be under 10.5:1 even with boost. Hell do E85 and you can go 12.0:1.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Agreed, I wish we had E85 around here...

And honestly I might scrap finding motor parts over the winter and instead try to find someone around here to do a straight swap with me for a IRS and then install a FTBR kit.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Parts!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
I've got a feeling that there's going to be an 01 cobra front bumper is on that list. Doing an IRS swap? Nice.

Adventure till you drop

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Where did you get the wide band?
I've been thinking about getting one for my truck.

I see that it comes with the bung. There is a easy welding project for you Scotty!

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I've got a feeling that there's going to be an 01 cobra front bumper is on that list. Doing an IRS swap? Nice.

Adventure till you drop
That's all next winter stuff. The GT bumper on there now has no plate holes and not even a nick in the paint.

Will be doing an IRS swap eventually as well as the 99/01 Cobra front probably but that's down the road like I said. I just want to get it on the road and enjoy it for a summer and go from there.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,168 Posts
A young dude at our cars and coffee a few weeks back brought his 99 Cobra. He still had the license plate mount on his front bumper. Do these things leave holes? They look like they do, but idk. I cringed when I saw it lol.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1431394628.493593.jpg

He arrived dirty lol, filthy in fact. But it's really in pretty good shape for 170k miles. He just got it so he has some stuff to do. Ford was just plain being mean selling these cars with this ride height.

@azurebluemach

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
That'll leave 2 holes in the bumper. There are plenty of online tutorials on how to fill/smooth holes in urethane bumpers though. In that shape in that pic that is a $600 bumper tho, can only get them off of 99/01 cars.

Really excited to see the front mount intercooler setup I have coming in this week too. All piping, oil cooler, blowoff, intercooler and all brackets for $500.

Been milking this military discount for all its worth lol. I've had to have saved close to $300 by now with it...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It's like Xmas in Scotty's household. Nothing like the anticipation of the UPS truck coming!

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Where did you get the wide band?
I've been thinking about getting one for my truck.

I see that it comes with the bung. There is a easy welding project for you Scotty!
http://www.amazon.com/APSX-D2-Digital-Wideband-Controller/dp/B00NBFHRZM

They come in white face too which I got. And no welding for Scotty, called the shop fabbing my X pipe and they're adding one in while they are at it.

It's like Xmas in Scotty's household. Nothing like the anticipation of the UPS truck coming!

Lol yeah, and then I have to sit on my ass till my doc clears me to start lifting stuff. I will be pulling the roof panels off the car this week tho. Paintscratch kit isn't getting here till next week but I can prep at least.

CX Racing intercooler gets here Wednesday tho, will have that to look forward to.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Going tomorrow after the kid gets off to school. They say they still have it.

Hood strut replacement kit came in today and I think I found an unmarried SCT3 with 5 unlocks on it on the corral for $200 shipped... That and the engine are really the last big things I need. The rest is nickel/dime and I'm hoping there won't be too much of that.

Trying to get the snow meth kit out of the car so I can put it up for sale and make some $$$ back. Same with the flowtech X pipe if someone wants the OR pipe and the 96-98 Cobra OEM bumper I have AND the mint 99/00 charcoal console.

81 - 100 of 1209 Posts