Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1296 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Yep, got a good used SCT X3 with 5 unlocks and fully unmarried with all the cables/everything for $210 shipped. Motor tomorrow... then probably should go get the title transferred finally lol. Have not wanted to wait at the DMV with my knee but its feeling good enough to do it now...

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Paid for the motor today. $525 plus tax plus $25 delivery=$575ish dropped off in my garage. Can't beat that. Motor will be delivered late tomorrow or early Friday.

2005 2V out of a Grand Marquis

Just needs a cleaning. No evidence of leaks anywhere.

Mileage easy to verify with old person style mechanical odometer.

Car was not in any sort of wreck at all. Scrapped because old person who had it died or went into assisted living and the family didn't want to deal with it. These cars are worth pretty much nothing anyway.

Pretty much done buying parts at this point. I'm sure there will be a few things here and there, few cosmetics...

So excited to finally start working on this too, I really need to get the panels off it to start working on the roof or I'm going to go crazy with the car just sitting there like this...

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
That motor is not going to know wth happened haha. Actually the "vic" motors are almost always the cheapest and best taken care of motors.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Woo FedEx guy again!

Everything looks good, good couplers, nice clamps, big intercooler, BOV is nice, all hardware/lines/everything included and all packed very well.

I also like how there really is a minimal amount of extra piping this will add from the headunit to the throttle body. Apparently this intercooler drops the boost by 2-3 so I'll have to pulley the Novi accordingly. Not like the Novi isn't going to be able to move enough air or anything...

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Flywheel came in

Also took out the Steeda hood lift kit that was in there and installed a SVE unit. I wanted to at least keep the Steeda plates but the geometry was off with the struts and unfortunatly Steeda no longer makes these for some reason. I'll hold onto it in a box somewhere...

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Car also has BBK tuned length headers on it. Now that the hood stays open by itself I really got up under and looked and sure enough, flaking on the header primaries. So that is something else that will need taken care of... I guess DIY ceramic or I'll just get them blasted/ceramic coated.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
.... You mean to tell me a bbk product has issues?? :p
No never... And these headers have the flat spots in them for the steering shaft too. Oh well, I'm sure they flow better than the stock manifolds and being equal length tuned will actually help with scavenging... except its supercharged lol.

^ imagine that, I wouldn't never guessed that about BBK. Their stuff is the $h!t!

Hope this is sarcasm, BBK is kinda meh honestly.

Adventure till you drop
I'm kinda diggin' the vinyl top on that Vic!

You could also use exhaust wrap on the headers...
Time for a vinyl top on the Bullitt?

I know I could wrap the headers but I want to stop the corrosion and make them last a long time and honestly the best way to do it is to do a full blast and inside/outside powdercoat. I had a set of longtubes done for $300... I can't imagine the shorties would be close to that.

I could also always DIY bake them but I don't have some random spare oven and I'm not about to do that **** in my own house... Probably will just get them blasted/coated professionally.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Wooo! Bolted the arm to the block and had the guy lower it down on the lift and just slid the stand in and boom. Easy. Even has all 8 original low mileage COPs and an O2 sensor.

Needs a cleaning BAD tho lol.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 1296 Posts