Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1341 - 1343 of 1343 Posts

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
So Jon Bond got back to me finally... So now I gotta debate if I want to get this blower or not. We have kind of pulled back on maybe getting a horse for riding for right now anyway mainly because we had 2 family emergencies back home that might 1 or both require a short notice flyback if things go bad. One probably is fine... my father had an "ocular stroke" which took out half his vision in his right eye... sucks... but... he drinks like a fish and eats like a horse... so... they are saying he's kinda lucky this happened because it was a wake up call and an early warning to a moderately clogged right carotid artery... Piece of plaque broke off and clogged a vessel in his eye and that was that... so yeah. The other one is a pretty major cancer for my wife's grandmother which they caught early so prognosis is hopeful but that one could go real south real fast.

So I may buy neither thing and put that money in the bank for plane tickets if need be even though the red cross is SUPPOSSED to pay for flybacks if immediate family is in a serious medical condition. You know how that goes... Anyway, hope everyone else is doing a little better... the 3 or 4 ppl who still post here lol.
My sister had a stroke this year as well. Scared the hell out of me.
Do what you need to do to be with your family.
My grandfather never trusted the Red Cross. During WW2, in Europe, they charged him for a doughnut and coffee, and then gave him some sort of worthless script in change. He was pissed!
Was a pretty generous guy when it came to donating money to charities, but would never give a dime to the Red Cross.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Damn, that sounds kinda painful for your Dad. Hopefully the covid thing will vastly improve in the coming months and Grandma will make it to all her treatment appointments and get to remission. Hope that all works out for the good.

This was supposed to be the year I did many needed maintenance updates to the Mach, but since covid delayed everything else in life, it delayed that work too lol. So far, all are healthy so no complaints.
Same. So much got put on the back burner. Although, some things that were on the back burner already, somehow got moved up and completed.
Life.

·
Super Moderator
18,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,343 ·
My sister had a stroke this year as well. Scared the hell out of me.
Do what you need to do to be with your family.
My grandfather never trusted the Red Cross. During WW2, in Europe, they charged him for a doughnut and coffee, and then gave him some sort of worthless script in change. He was pissed!
Was a pretty generous guy when it came to donating money to charities, but would never give a dime to the Red Cross.
Damn hopefully all is good for your sister... Same with the Red Cross. They basically just broker the payment for the servicemember to go home for a family emergency, its not out of their pockets. They are a dogshit organization as far as pretty much everything. I'd never donate to them.

1341 - 1343 of 1343 Posts