Mustang Evolution Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1237 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wooo! Bolted the arm to the block and had the guy lower it down on the lift and just slid the stand in and boom. Easy. Even has all 8 original low mileage COPs and an O2 sensor.

Needs a cleaning BAD tho lol.

If you want any powder coating I know a guy that has great pricing that I shipped mine to and they came out amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Yeah give me his info in a pm and thank you. I have a good coater locally but it's always nice to have options.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I have a feeling scottys build is gonna leave us all jaw dropped and envious.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
I hope so. I am about ready to move some more boxes and back this thing in and shut down the current motor forever. Bumper off, hood off, start to remove stuff. As soon as I get the roof paint fixed, that is what is happening.

I'm not going to expect to be king of the street at 400ish rwhp or anything... not even close. But leaving it looking like a mildly modded regular GT its going to surprise the **** out of a LOT of ppl. Especially since it has suspension, is geared and will have a good set of tires on it.

Also proof that all your really have to do to a New Edge to make it look great is to lower it and a set of rims. The 99-04 Mustangs really are some of the most gorgeous cars ever made. Ford completely nailed it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
As light as it is, with that setup, it's gonna be a wicked sleeper that will be fun as heck to drive. It's in the right hands.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Lol this would get the eddy intake if anything. When I eventually do a built motor that's what is going on it. Or if the pi intake on this new motor starts to leak at the common trouble points. I would not on a NA car but with the Novi hell yes.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
If you want any powder coating I know a guy that has great pricing that I shipped mine to and they came out amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Talked to this guy this morning on FB. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about and real good prices. Bonus for me that this car came with tuned length shorties. Bad that they are BBKs which start rusting if you look at them the wrong way.

https://www.facebook.com/powdersmiths

And just so everyone knows, this is what BBK headers do even when exposed to minimal weather. This car has 34k miles on it and was only not garaged for 1 or 2 years at most and for a lot of that time it just sat in a driveway.

MACs do this too, so do Flowtechs, so do all the cheap non-stainless budget headers. I would never buy these myself but they were on the car and its a lot cheaper to get them fixed/sealed right than buy a new set and they are equal lengths so they will help out when the car is not in boost vs the stock manifolds or any other header that does not have equal length primaries.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
VRS catted X pipe with wideband bung. Military discount=$335 shipped to my door. It is aluminized, but this car will not see much weather and zero road salt. It will hold up fine. Quality is great and the cats are Magnaflow which was a nice surprise.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
Yep driver side, you can see right on the second pic that there are 2 bungs on the left primary pipe.

Few more things I need to buy... but not really anything that will prevent me from yanking the motor, swapping all the accessories and drop it back in.

I just want it to be able to move under its own power while I work on the roof paint so I can back it out into the driveway and work on it and then pull it back into the garage for the night. Like I said, after the paint is done and cleared and I'm happy with it I'm going to let it sit for 2 weeks before the panels go back on and that's probably when it'll be backed in and getting the motor pulled.

·
Super Moderator
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Roof panels off today. Going to kill that surface rust and then wet sand and red putty primer tomorrow and sand that till it's smooth. Should not be too long to get it how I want it hopefully.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,700 Posts
Car still staying grey or do you have another color in mind? I think I know the answer just wanting to clarify. Also I'm curious, besides the badges did Steeda modify the exterior body any?

Adventure till you drop

121 - 140 of 1237 Posts