Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this kid at school that is now thinking that he is all that and a bag of chips cuz he has a Impreza. It has fake WRX badging and a Borla cat-back that frankly sounds like ass. Well, he claims its a wrx, but i talked to someone who rode with him, and they found out it wasnt one! NO TURBO! :D Well, the kid made a comment that really pissed me off. He said all mustangs are slow, including cobras, and that all old muscle cars are tin cans. (He used to own a 4 DOOR ACCORD, so I guess the 4 door grocery getter craze has snagged him)

So, to my question. If I decide to race him, will I win?

Oh, and I also intend to tell my friend with a 03 Cobra about it, as well as a guy i know with a 69 chevelle ss. :twisted:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The base Impreza has 165hp, not sure on tq, but its awd. well see. ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You will probably beat him, but not right off the line. your friends will hand that moron his ass.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yeah the stock impreza 2.0 run like a 16 flat. dont even trip about the fake wrx. trust me, if it was real youd know about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i pulled up to an impreza...he looked at me and smiled and i was like "lets go *****" and he was like alright and i dont think he was racing becuz i burned him :D i geuss he was afraid

·
Registered
6 Posts
I say there are still too many variables. If his car is auto, he probably wont be able to take real advantage of his AWD because he will not be able to rev high enough to keep from bogging on the launch. Also, it depends whether it is pre or post 2002. If it is the new (bug-eyed or brand new) body style it weighs 150-200 lbs more than the similarly powered pre-2002's which are actually faster. Also, if you can't hook and you run a 16.7 again, you better hope he messes up, because he can definately do better than that.

Best Case Scenario: Automatic 2002+ 2.5RS: You should win if you can drive
Worst Case Scenario: Manual 2001- 2.5RS: You will likely lose unless he can't drive
Anything in-between: Driver's Race, too close to call

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea the real wrx pulls decent nearly as good as a new gt, not bad for the size motor it has in it, they do lag up top but i could care less about that lol i never go above 65 usually

1 - 11 of 11 Posts