Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 ........ when ever i crank it up all the gauges go all the way 2 the right then go back 2 the left then they go where they are supossed 2 be ...........are they supossed to do that ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's what the car does when the computer is reset... I dunno why it would be doing that when you start your car.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
yeah, its sposed to when u reset ur computer (disconnect and reconnect it). no clue why it would everytime u start it up...

check connections at battery, maybe fuses?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
my bros maro does that too, hes had his comp flashed, but i think it did it before that

·
Registered
414 Posts
You may have a wiring problem. Something grounding out that's causing that. I had that problem but it was caused by junk in the connector for my SCT chip. I think it engauged the PATS on me. It thought I was stealing my own car and it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I actually had a problem the other day when i was shifting into third and my car just literally died on me, and the gauges stayed where they last were and the car wouldndt restart, luckily there was a median and i was able to go to that, and then the car wouldnt start at all, the connectors were all tight, so im not really sure what the hell happend, i got the battery fixed and still no problem yet. Anyone have any ideas what happend? Could it of been a short or anything, but its not doing it now.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
hmm that happends when the battery is diconnected, you may have a short or something on teh gauges, not sure where the gauges are triggered to rest themselves at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts