Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody,
im about to receive my brand new 2004 v6 stang (it is a stick) and was wondering what performance products i should buy for it with $2000. in other words if u just got a brand new stang what would u do to it in order to attain the highest torque and horsepower gains with out spending more than $2000. im really excited and cant wait to start modding it out.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Are you, or are you not concerned with blowing your warranty on this new car? You could have just about put that 2K with what you are spending on the V6 and gotten a Gt couldn't ya?

·
Registered
34 Posts
get a gt, make a payment, blah blah, he asked for a list guys lets try to help him. I'm not a pro at this but this is what I would do with 2k if I could do it all over again.

Engine
150$ 42% asp under drive pulley
150$ cold air induction (cnl 73mm maf kit is the best)

Exhaust
225$ Mac Long tube headers
250$ Mac Cat-back system
300$ Mac catted h-pipe

Drivetrain
200$ Ford Motorsport Aluminum Driveshaft
400$ 3.73 Gears and T-lok

Suspension
200$ Lakewood 90/10 shocks/struts 50/50
200$ Steeda Lower Control Arms

2075$ but those are general prices, look for them on ebay and you would probably spend around 1500-1800$ for these parts

with a 5spd I think you could run mid 14's with this setup with a 2.1 60' time and a 94-95mph trap.

I like most everybody was skeptical about the Long tube headers, but i threw them in after that MMandFF article showed the gains they made.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
But the MM&FF article was crap. The gains of long tubes on V6 cars only come when you are power adding in the 250-300 HP range.

But it really is about what you want to do and if you want long tube then get them but dont be suprised by the lack of real gain with them. And for that price you are in the SCT or fordchip cost and could have real gains, firmer shifts, removed speed limiter and raised rpm limiter and corrected speedo. Not to mention for the cost of the Catted H pipe and long tube headers you are close to a Nitrous system!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Danger Dude said:
But the MM&FF article was crap.

Not to mention for the cost of the Catted H pipe and long tube headers you are close to a Nitrous system!!!!
I havn't had a chance to look at the article I'm speaking from what I've read on this board.

True you could replace the catted-h and lt's with a nitrous express wet 35-150 shot kit and run mid-high 13's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys i am only 18 and cant really afford the insurance on a v8 so i went with the 6 that is y i didnt get it i want to go fast and may do a little bit of drag racing on the weekends when i hop it up enough

·
Registered
43 Posts
BrooksPS said:
I havn't had a chance to look at the article I'm speaking from what I've read on this board.

True you could replace the catted-h and lt's with a nitrous express wet 35-150 shot kit and run mid-high 13's.
13's...maybe with a 150 shot but for that he would need forged internals and that alone can take him past $2,000 well almost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts