Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 20000 mile check up on my 2012 5.0 under warranty !! I have a SCT 93 race Tune installed!! Should I remove my tune and set it back to stock tune before I take it in!! I have Magnaflow Catbacks with the completion tips . What do you all think!!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Your cat backs should be fine as long as you still have cats. I'd reinstall your stock tune a few days before you taking it in.

I think they can still tell if it had a tune but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's what I was thinking!! I would hate to have them hook up to the computer and change or update it and still have the SCT TUNE INSTALLED!. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I've always taken my car in still tuned. Debating on whether to take it in with the cat deletes on though. It is a family owned dealer and they have had plenty of business from me and referrals so I don't think they'd say anything.

So my point is, always depends on your dealer.

If they complain about me lacking cats, I'll tell them I didn't know it was illegal and I'll put them back on right away :). We don't have echeck here so no one really cares.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have cats on!! Just don't want them toget into the computer and do a update or seething when I still have my SCT race tune installed!! It is a 20,000 mile check up!! But only have 12,000 on it!!!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I've taken my car to the dealer with a boss intake manifold, CAI, offroad xpipe, roush mufflers, and BBR tune, not to mention the plethora of suspension mods, they never said a word to me. Just the other day I was on the that finally canceled my extended warranty

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I've taken my car to the dealer with a boss intake manifold, CAI, offroad xpipe, roush mufflers, and BBR tune, not to mention the plethora of suspension mods, they never said a word to me. Just the other day I was on the that finally canceled my extended warranty
What state do you live in grabber blue?

Also it doesn't make sense for them to say anything unless they can pin the problems on your mods. That is a good way to loose a customer. Specially when the mustang generally gets modded 10-1 over cameras and challengers and what not. Most modded muscle car I've seen.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:

Also it doesn't make sense for them to say anything unless they can pin the problems on your mods. That is a good way to loose a customer. Specially when the mustang generally gets modded 10-1 over cameras and challengers and what not. Most modded muscle car I've seen.
Mustang is for sure the #1 most modded car. Thats why i buy mustang cuz i can make it my own. I had an issue with a ford dealership before that was total bs. I brought my 06 stang in once and all that i had was k&n airintake and flowmasters. The car wasn't responding to throttle at all and the car would not go once i pushed on the gas so i took it in and they looked at it and told me that because the airintake they couldn't even look at. Yes i know this is bs but thats what he said. So i took it to another ford dealer and they took it with no problem and said that one of the fuel pumps when't out. So i asked the service tech if it matters if the airintake was on and would it be a problem and he said no only if it was installed improperly then it would but other then that no. I was like wow really you got to be kidding me.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if they check they can see if it was tuned or not~ you can roll it back to stock just to be a little more safe if you wish

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Mustang is for sure the #1 most modded car. Thats why i buy mustang cuz i can make it my own. I had an issue with a ford dealership before that was total bs. I brought my 06 stang in once and all that i had was k&n airintake and flowmasters. The car wasn't responding to throttle at all and the car would not go once i pushed on the gas so i took it in and they looked at it and told me that because the airintake they couldn't even look at. Yes i know this is bs but thats what he said. So i took it to another ford dealer and they took it with no problem and said that one of the fuel pumps when't out. So i asked the service tech if it matters if the airintake was on and would it be a problem and he said no only if it was installed improperly then it would but other then that no. I was like wow really you got to be kidding me.
Yeah my local dealer has told me they will cover anything but my after market parts. And as long as they don't cause the damage.

Of all the dealers in my area I purchased from the one I did because of their customer service. I've been treated very bad by other dealers.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
Yeah my local dealer has told me they will cover anything but my after market parts. And as long as they don't cause the damage.

Of all the dealers in my area I purchased from the one I did because of their customer service. I've been treated very bad by other dealers.
Its that crazy. I mean i would be more the happy to buy parts from a dealer but they are way to much for the price you can get them for aftermarket. I guess its the world we live in.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Its that crazy. I mean i would be more the happy to buy parts from a dealer but they are way to much for the price you can get them for aftermarket. I guess its the world we live in.
Yeah local ford dealer wanted 1200 dollars to do my gear install. The one I bought the car from said they wouldn't because they didn't have anybody who did them, they'd have to have a tech come in. They told me I'd be better off finding someone else to do it.

Local mustang only shop did it for 550.

Both prices were including everything.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
Yeah local ford dealer wanted 1200 dollars to do my gear install. The one I bought the car from said they wouldn't because they didn't have anybody who did them, they'd have to have a tech come in. They told me I'd be better off finding someone else to do it.

Local mustang only shop did it for 550.

Both prices were including everything.
Wow so almost 600 difference for the same work. Then its a fact that dealer truly rip you off. What mustang do you have and what gears did you get install.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Wow so almost 600 difference for the same work. Then its a fact that dealer truly rip you off. What mustang do you have and what gears did you get install.
2011 5.0 and went from 3.31 to 3.73 gearing from FRPP.

Yeah the dealer I went to told me I had to have it installed there because they used "real ford parts" and I told them so does then other place and the guy started turning red with anger. Lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
2011 5.0 and went from 3.31 to 3.73 gearing from FRPP.

Yeah the dealer I went to told me I had to have it installed there because they used "real ford parts" and I told them so does then other place and the guy started turning red with anger. Lol.
Lol do these dealers have any idea there are other places that sale there same parts. Im kinda bitter towards dealers i have had some really bad experiences. I have question so the 3.73 gears i dont know to much about. How does it feel driving and is this for only auto or standard. Post a pic of ur car by the way i have 2013 5.0 ill post one of mine as well

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Lol do these dealers have any idea there are other places that sale there same parts. Im kinda bitter towards dealers i have had some really bad experiences. I have question so the 3.73 gears i dont know to much about. How does it feel driving and is this for only auto or standard. Post a pic of ur car by the way i have 2013 5.0 ill post one of mine as well
Changing the gears to 3.73 gets me off the line quicker. At the same time I do sit in a higher RPM on the highway than I did on 3.31 but I get much better city mpg.

The frpp gears are smooth and quiet. No noise like some other brands have. You can change your gearing whether you are auto or manual.

Didn't mean to add the picture twice lol.

Attachments

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
nosympathy said:

Just south of you down here in Louisville

1 - 20 of 29 Posts