Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I got my ass handed to me by a 2004 Maxima.
I was kinda pissed because he was going like 45 on a 50mph road that everyone races on and he had me trapped behind a minivan and him. So I cut him off and took off. He kept up with me at 80 until we hit a light.
While sitting at the light I kept looking over at him, but he never looked my way. Light turns green we both kinda wait for the other to go and then I clutch it and rev it and he looks over and we both go. We're close all through 1st gear, but I shift and he pulls about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead by the time we get to the next light about half a mile later.

Think I could have done better if we had just straight launched, but from a roll he pulled on me convincingly.

At the second light I ask him what year it was and what kind of hp #'s it had. He didn't know the torque #'s, but told me it had 265 hp. WOW.

I think the 03 Maxima is pretty close to that, but I've raced my friend in his and beat him every time, but this 04 got me pretty good. Did the 04 get that much faster or was the difference due to the driver or....?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know. My old roommate had an 03 350Z and he smoked me (and his tires all the way through 4th gear).

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
v6 mustang = base car :( the older maximas are supposed to be faster than the pre 260hp versions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice if Ford would do something like that. (All that wasted displacement :no: )

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
koloaboy_327 said:
hahha i know 232ci of american muscle for nothing. whats really funny is some honda motors are 1.9 and push only 30 hp less than our 6's.
but they lack torque, and torque is whats important

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but they also lack weight which is pretty important too

·
Registered
567 Posts
once again..

ford will never put massive amounts of power in the v6. It wont sell.

If you want power, buy a V8.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or just go with the v10 :twisted:

·
Registered
113 Posts
:evil: i owned an '87 200sx before i got my stang and believe me that car was quick, even though it looked like crap and has 160,000 plus miles on it it could reach a top speed of 105 mph in no time... it was fine until the timing belt failed. if i ever bought another import it would definitely be a nissan, no doubt about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts