Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today i installed my Aluminum Driveshaft. Let me say this first of all, if you plan to install a Panhard Bar and Torque Arm into your Mustang, DO THE DRIVESHAFT FIRST. Oh my god it was such a pain in the ass to work around. Such a pain in the ass that when i pulled out the stock driveshaft i had no choice but to let my tranny fluid drain out since i couldn't put the other in time (garage is angled a bit so i couldn't get it to face nose down without having zero room to work).

All in all, it definitely felt lighter when i was putting it in. I'm looking forward to setting my car back to its race tune and O/R exhaust on since i literally brought it from the smog place and jacked it straight up and got to work. I have pictures of the install on my phone so i'll put those up after this post.

Anyway, probably a good thing i let the tranny drain out, lets me change the fluid and put the right amount in since i know it was overfilled like all 99-04 manuals.

Plan for tomorrow......... Brake rotors and pads, and then bolting my O/R exhaust and putting my stock midpipe back up in the attic for 2 years.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
That does look more difficult having to snake the drive shaft through all of the torque arm apparatus and such... Especially if you did it alone.

3.2 quarts for the transmission.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That does look more difficult having to snake the drive shaft through all of the torque arm apparatus and such... Especially if you did it alone.

3.2 quarts for the transmission.
It was a pain in the ass. My dad helped me, i ended up dropping the entire torque arm since its just 4 small tabs that are welded to the SFCs that bolt to the Torque Arm.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha when we installed the TA i thought i hope he isn't planing on changing the DS soon haha

It's easier to take off and put on when you already know how, that much is certain.

Btw I may have a few parts that won't be able to get on here at home and may need help with....

My CC Plates, Stainless Brake lines (probably flush the system at the same time) and Coilovers.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Well im taking 5 classes this time but im sure we could find some time. And damn is that the only way to add fluid to the transmission

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Lol
That's the "Scotty method" of refilling the trans.
There is a fill plug on the side of the transmission for those who don't want to tear apart the interior of the car. You have to pump the fluid in.

It is a more accurate way of refilling with exactly 3.2 quarts, than with a pump, though. With the pump, you have to kind of guess at how much transmission fluid stays inside of the pump during the refill.

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts