Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503 (Edited)
So as of lately I have been considering focusing the Bullitt on being more of a street car. I don't trust its reliability to do auto crossing or road racing. So I'm probably thinking of kind of pulling some of the crazy mods off and putting on regular stuff, and then maybe in the future doing a different road course car. One I don't mind cutting up and really turning into something different. And something with a much better starting platform and better aftermarket support for corner carving.

So I might pull off the coilovers and put on a normal set of springs/shocks/struts so its more enjoyable to drive around town. Either that or swap out the hyper coils for softer rates.

But we'll see what happens in the near future after I graduate next month and hopefully have a decent career. I have no intention of buying parts or getting under the car to do any work until after graduation.

And if Ford actually releases a 2018 Bullitt that will probably change a lot of my plans lol.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
So as of lately I have been considering focusing the Bullitt on being more of a street car. I don't trust its reliability to do auto crossing or road racing. So I'm probably thinking of kind of pulling some of the crazy mods off and putting on regular stuff, and then maybe in the future doing a different road course car. One I don't mind cutting up and really turning into something different. And something with a much better starting platform and better aftermarket support for corner carving.

So I might pull off the coilovers and put on a normal set of springs/shocks/struts so its more enjoyable to drive around town. Either that or swap out the hyper coils for softer rates.

But we'll see what happens in the near future after I graduate next month and hopefully have a decent career. I have no intention of buying parts or getting under the car to do any work until after graduation.

And if Ford actually releases a 2018 Bullitt that will probably change a lot of my plans lol.
The price of turning an SN95 I to what I want out of a car is one of the big reasons why I like my vette. The Bullitt would make for a great cruiser in Cali.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,510
Congratulations!

What does that company do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

They get wrecked vehicles from insurance companies and other sources and auction them off. So you would auction for a donor car essentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
They get wrecked vehicles from insurance companies and other sources and auction them off. So you would auction for a donor car essentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I thought the name of that company sounded vaguely familiar. Do you know what your position/responsibilities would be?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,513
I thought the name of that company sounded vaguely familiar. Do you know what your position/responsibilities would be?
I'll be in their Leadership Development Program (LDP), which lasts about 12 months. You learn everything all the way from having classroom training at the corporate office in Dallas TX, to properly managing people, and even learning how to drive those huge loaders that pick up the cars. So you learn nearly everything and how it all works. At the end of it you become an assistant general manager for one of the locations (which you get to apply for where you want to go), so I can finally get out of California lol.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I'll be in their Leadership Development Program (LDP), which lasts about 12 months. You learn everything all the way from having classroom training at the corporate office in Dallas TX, to properly managing people, and even learning how to drive those huge loaders that pick up the cars. So you learn nearly everything and how it all works. At the end of it you become an assistant general manager for one of the locations (which you get to apply for where you want to go), so I can finally get out of California lol.
That sounds like it'll be a fun experience. Good luck!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,518
This job should put you in a position to find a good deal on a donor for a Coyote swap... Or possibly a Voodoo?
I won't be able to actually buy one myself. But yeah I'm sure it would be more than easy to find a car and then have someone else do the buying for me. We'll see how everything goes. Depending on where I end up and what the cost of living is like that could affect some stuff. If I end up in an area with reasonably priced homes that I like I may buy a house.... I really like the price point and design of homes in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. Houston as well. I could most likely afford a house within 18 months.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Your dollar will definitely go farther in Texas... Especially compared to the bay area!
And no state income tax in Texas!
And you're probably already accustomed to the heat, being from Sac.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,520
Your dollar will definitely go farther in Texas... Especially compared to the bay area!
And no state income tax in Texas!
And you're probably already accustomed to the heat, being from Sac.
Yeah, I just wouldn't have the coast and scenery anymore. But that I can give up lol

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts