Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 2001 Gt (4.6 2v) has 54,000miles. Its a daily driver i am ooking to do some engine and drive-train upgrades. Whats a good parts list for bolt on performance upgrades. I had a 79 regal pro street 9.5sec street car sold it this past summer, and just got the mustang because i wanted a nice street car and i am new to this model and engine of mustangs. Had a 90 Gt 2 years ago loved it, but got hit by a plow truck :sno: Well i don't know how i went on to tell a whole story, but thanks guys much appreciated.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Biggest bang for the buck in terms of power is intake/exhaust/tune IMO. A shifter goes a long, long way in terms of drivability, and the first time you have any issues with your clutch pedal adjuster consider a firewall quadrant and adjustable cable.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Forsure Tune.. With CAI and a nice exhaust would be good. Thats the basics. Then you can go internals and SC or somethin.. Its all about what you want to make in hp!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
AgentOrange said:
Biggest bang for the buck in terms of power is intake/exhaust/tune IMO. A shifter goes a long, long way in terms of drivability, and the first time you have any issues with your clutch pedal adjuster consider a firewall quadrant and adjustable cable.
+11

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
My opinion is a nice X-pipe with some pretty chrome pipes hanging out the a$$! It gives you power/beautiful sound and style.
Also a cold air intake and a 70mm throttle body and plenum is a good mod. Both the 2 together are amazing and a SCT programmer just adds to the fun!

·
Registered
113 Posts
TURBO AND FART CAN AWMG.

Nah.. these guys are right... My exhaust is messing up cuz i scrape so much, but ima buy another h pip kit.. i like em better than x's because the h is raspy and rumbly ^.^

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
TheNewKid said:
TURBO AND FART CAN AWMG.

Nah.. these guys are right... My exhaust is messing up cuz i scrape so much, but ima buy another h pip kit.. i like em better than x's because the h is raspy and rumbly ^.^
Since when were H pipes raspy? Haha

·
Registered
228 Posts
Doe_Rae_mi said:
Since when were H pipes raspy? Haha
+1 definitely the other way around haha

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ryan7racin said:
My opinion is a nice X-pipe with some pretty chrome pipes hanging out the a$$! It gives you power/beautiful sound and style.
Also a cold air intake and a 70mm throttle body and plenum is a good mod. Both the 2 together are amazing and a SCT programmer just adds to the fun!
I agree, a nice set of gears is also a good route. Probably the most noticeable gain IMO, just be sure to get a tuner with it so your speedometer is correct. Either 3.73 or 4.10 that's just a preference thing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys i really appreciate the input, i cant wait to wake this thing up a bit, miss my big block so something has to fill the void!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When upgrading the throttle body should i do a cold air intake new maf sensor and injectors also?

·
Registered
869 Posts
buickregal79 said:
When upgrading the throttle body should i do a cold air intake new maf sensor and injectors also?
Atleast a CAI the bigger throttle body means more air and the stock intake with upgraded throttle body could probably hurt your performance

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really? So i would / should if i want a new bigger throttle body get a new intake manifold?

·
Registered
869 Posts
buickregal79 said:
Really? So i would / should if i want a new bigger throttle body get a new intake manifold?
Not a CAI (Cold air intake) should be enough if it's a 70 mm throttle body bigger you may need more

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i got yeah now sorry for confusion, and how do i tell what tranny i have i have heard 2 different things i have a 01 GT heard it can be T-45 or a TR-3650 sorry if identifying its a stupid question.

·
Registered
559 Posts
buickregal79 said:
Ok i got yeah now sorry for confusion, and how do i tell what tranny i have i have heard 2 different things i have a 01 GT heard it can be T-45 or a TR-3650 sorry if identifying its a stupid question.
What's the date your car was made? Should say on the door jamb where your vin number and everything is. I believe they changed after June of 01, so if its before June it's a T-45. My 01 was actually made in 2000 haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will have to check and lol i love when manufacturers do that. And is one tranny better then the other?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts