Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, basically I though my transmission was going out but after driving around and tinkering with the controls I think I've boiled it down to the O/D clutch.

This is because when O/D (Overdrive) is engaged and I am a speed where it kicks in its does nothing but rev. Meaning of I am in 4th gear (overdrive gear) and I accelerate, nothing happens but the Roma go up. So it's acting as if it's in neutral, which it might be however I find that unlikely. When O/D is off it drives just fine, minus the high Rpms, even if I want to jump off a line and redline line it, it drives and shifts just fine.

So what do you guys think? Is it the overdrive clutch? If so, what's the cost in replacing those? Or where to even buy one?

*i am having my mechanic check it out tomorrow and replace the filter along with the fluids and all. But I feel it will not help if it is the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
The overdrive band is typically associated with another gear as well. Like on my 07 when my band went out I lost 5th and second. Sounds like your 5th gear is gone for sure

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an automatic, it only has 4 gears, and thankfully the gear that went out was the overdrive gear. I haven't had any issues with any of the other gears, it's just like 4th gear decided to turn into neutral.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
We can eliminate oil issues real quick, go smell the tranny oil. If it smells burnt it'll be part of the problem. Not saying it will be all of the problem. But burnt oil can cause similar symptoms.

Sent from the mothership.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly the valve body and The fluid level isn't low, however I am getting it changed today hopefully along with the filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts