Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I bought a "cheap" 2001 mustang convertible 3.8. The wipers did not work, nor the dash lights.. I was trying to trace the wiper problem and noticed the interior fuse panel was hanging loose. I moved it sideways to inspect. After that, the car would not start. When I turn the key the lights all light up as normal, but when I turn it to start there is nothing.

I found a white wire with a pink strip hanging behind the fuse panel. But I can not locate where it goes. It does have current when I turn the key to stater position as my test light does light up.

Does anyone know where this wire goes? The end is square, like it does go into the fuse panel. But I can not find where it goes.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
That wire probably goes to the starter motor relay.
Find fuse position #6 on the fuse panel, and see if the wire came loose from the back of the panel where that fuse is located.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starter problem wire solved

I have located # 6 on the fuse panel, "Starter Relay". As that was my first guess where the wire should go. Unfortunately, the # 6 fuse already has two wires hooked to it. It is "hot", has power.
#6 is second row, below the only row with only 5

... but but wait..

I had checked #6 second row, it had power, but was a 30amp Green fuse, not correct. I then noticed one lone fuse plug in next to the green fuse, and that this row only had 5 fuse locations.

I then in a instant I understood :facepalm: where the white wire with pink strip went. Someone evidently busted the fuse panel. See the picture below.

It now starts as designed. :D Now for those darn wipers....oh and now the fan for heat/ac quit working....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts