Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I drive a 2001 mustang v6, and I'm running true duals straight pipe, and I'm looking for a new system. I don't want the louud as heck ones just the exhaust that will get noticed I want a deep sounding exhaust that sounds goood from idle to acceleration. I need just mufflers and what kind of headers and what kind of mufflers need ideas I'm trying to keep the headers under 400$ and mufflers around 80$ a piece??? Any ideas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I want loud but the louder it gets is higher pitched it gets with a v6, I want loud and deep like any sugestions like where I can order I'm take advise for the exact muffler and everything, I'm just looking for loud and where it sounds good and I get complimented for it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You can get a set of MAC or Pacesetter long tube headers without the ceramic coating for under $400.00.
Alot of mufflers under $80.00. Consider Flowmaster 44's or 40's. Thrush Welded. Cherry Bomb Pro. Any of those, I can guarantee you'll love the results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at pacesetter aswell I've heard there good! But now for muffler what's the best one I can get best bang for my buck, I want loud and deep? Any ideas might be willing to go over 80$ per muffler

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so I decided to go with pacesetter long tube headers and I have ordered them, is there anything else I should need to instal them? I have a shop to do it in but anything I should need?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I want loud but the louder it gets is higher pitched it gets with a v6, I want loud and deep like any sugestions like where I can order I'm take advise for the exact muffler and everything, I'm just looking for loud and where it sounds good and I get complimented for it.
GET AN X-PIPE - HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. LOUD AND ANNOYING WHILE DRIVING ON THE HWY. X-PIPE SOLVED IT! :headbang:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Our V6's have a few options for mid-pipe- 1) No mid-pipe, just divorce duals, 2) MAC ProChamber. 3) An "H" pipe. 4) An "X" pipe.
You will need O2 sensor extenders, a set of cats too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you cut the cats... Did you gain or loose horsepower??? I have the H Pipe, I'm having a problem finding people that want to put it on my car.... I'm wondering if its even worth it... I want a little extra horsepower and a louder sound.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Why does my state have to require cats :( otherwise i would have longtubes on mine. but i suppose the pacesetter h pipe conversion and flowmaster american thunder exhaust will work for my tastes anyway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts