Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Uh...why.
And you'll need everything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My motor is shot! Can't figure out why its missing on the 7 and 8 cylinder. Bout new spark plugs, coil packs, and injectors. Still missing. There is a guy I work with that has a carbed 91 5.0 for 300 bucks...can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
mustang2323 said:
My motor is shot! Can't figure out why its missing on the 7 and 8 cylinder. Bout new spark plugs, coil packs, and injectors. Still missing. There is a guy I work with that has a carbed 91 5.0 for 300 bucks...can't go wrong with that.
Just buy a crate engine?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
lowflyn said:
Uh...why.
And you'll need everything
+11

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Eturner said:
Is your car a DD?.. If not then save up some cash and get a 4.6 Aluminator motor!.. It bolt right up!..

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
mustang2323 said:
Why do that when there is a perfectly fine 5.0 with 30k on it?
Because you will spend more putting that motor in than it would cost to buy a whole new car ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is a daily driver. I need it fixed ASAP! Just looking for a full list of parts I will need for this swap. Just to see if it is worth my time/money.

·
Registered
598 Posts
mustang2323 said:
Car is a daily driver. I need it fixed ASAP! Just looking for a full list of parts I will need for this swap. Just to see if it is worth my time/money.
It's not. I'd really try to figure out what is causing the misfire before a total motor swap. Maybe swing by the dealership or a really good mechanic and see what they think it is. That's a lot cheaper than a motor swap. And if u have to do a swap, swap it for another 4.6 or possibly consider a new car. That motor is not worth time/money/headache. IMO

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Lol. This is a huge swap. You need everything from a new fuel delivery system to a new wiring setup, cooling, braking system setup probably... New k member likely too. It's a huge and stupid swap. Engine would cost 300 and the rest of the mods would be another 2500 and the end result would suck. Unless it is a pretty built engine You will have less power. It's a stupid swap and you would be a fool to attempt it. Buy a beater and save up for a proper fix.

·
Registered
598 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Lol. This is a huge swap. You need everything from a new fuel delivery system to a new wiring setup, cooling, braking system setup probably... New k member likely too. It's a huge and stupid swap. Engine would cost 300 and the rest of the mods would be another 2500 and the end result would suck. Unless it is a pretty built engine You will have less power. It's a stupid swap and you would be a fool to attempt it. Buy a beater and save up for a proper fix.
+10

·
Registered
490 Posts
DaBluedude said:
+11

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
mustang2323 said:
91 was fuel injected. Sounds like an engine full of problems. You would need a different fuel system, trans bellhousing, make a harness, speedo would never work, engine mounts, exhaust, etc. it's not just dropping it in and driving

If you're in an area with smog/inspection it won't pass with a carb

·
Registered
430 Posts
Go to a junkyard and get a 02 up crown Vic, f150 motor, they are 4.6 pi, I picked up 1 3years ago with 79,000 miles for $700 just swap your intake and everything... Usually get them cheaper when you don't mention mustang

1 - 14 of 14 Posts