Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 2002 v6, and recently had 2 40 series flowmaster mufflers put on with turn downs. i am wondering what sound, or performance change there would be to get a x, or h pipe instead of the y pipe i have on now. i do not know much about any of these pipes so any explaining would help a ton. also, with the turndown pipes, i have a very deep sound but kinda want to put pipes out back. what would the change in sound be then? i am looking for a louder tone outside the car then i have now. is there anything else that would help make my car louder? thanks for any help.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
h or x will give you a little better gain and a better sound

i would get rid of the flows and get mac flowpaths myself

Get rid of the cats or by high flow cats would help the sound get louder, get kinda raspy in high rpms though

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
But why spend the money on a h-pipe or x-pipe when you can just make it true duals... in my experience having a h-pipe as opposed to true duals makes no difference.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm bidding on a set of GT takeoffs, and pondering whether or not to use an "H" myself, but I think I'm personally going to just go true dual. (someone may have to help explian this one...) The 232 fires evenly, that is to say that a cylander on either side is firing at the same time. So using a balance pipe (be it X or H) would only affect the sound. Haveing never heard either of the two first hand, I'd question the cost. I know it'll never sound like GT. Just so long as it doesn't sound like an import. But that's just my opinion...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts