Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Ford Mustang: Replaced keyless entry remotes battery but now it doesn't work?

I recently replaced the battery for my Mustangs keyless entry remote and now the remote no longer works. My mustang has an alarm, although i'm not sure the brand becuase it was installed before I purchased the car. I can no longer set the alarm or unlock the car with the factory remote and need help! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
2002 Ford Mustang: Replaced keyless entry remotes battery but now it doesn't work?

Did you replace the battery BECAUSE it stopped working? (This might be an important bit of info).

·
Registered
44 Posts

You must re-program your remote, once you remove the battery. Re-programming is as follows:
1. Without starting the vehicle, turn the key from off to run 8 times in
10 seconds or less stopping in the run position. The door locks will
now cycle
2. Press either the lock or unlock button on your remote, the locks will
again cycle. You remote is now programmed.
If you have more than 1 remote, you must press either the lock or unlock button on each of them before turning your key to the "off" position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you jaye - this worked perfectly.

You must re-program your remote, once you remove the battery. Re-programming is as follows:
now cycle
If you have more than 1 remote, you must press either the lock or unlock button on each of them before turning your key to the "off" position.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
now cycle
wow, that's a new one to me, what year models does this work on?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You can program up to four remotes per car. And as outlined above, that is the procedure to do so. I've never had a remote reset after a battery install, but I supposed if Its completely dead, it might need to be re programmed. If the process doesn't work for the OP, then likely he will need a new remote. But buy from ebay, or LateModelResto sells them if you want to buy from a reputable place.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you're a visual learner, LateModel also has a video on how to program. Its super easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts