Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 GT and with the Mach 460 audio system. (took the old amps out mainly just the speakers left) I put my own amp, subs and new radio in. Sadly I can't turn it up too loud because the tweeters can't handle the bass :( is there a way I can set them so they won't play bass? Or even I I have to can I upgrade to a tweeter that can? Anything should help!
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,195 Posts
You need a high pass filter for the tweeters. Some radios have this feature built in where you can basically cut out the lower bass frequencies. Back in the day, you hard wired them through the speaker wires. What is your head unit?
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,195 Posts
Here is some more nerdy explanations...

Passive Crossovers

High Pass Filter

You used to be able to buys these for about $15 each. Your wires from the radio would connect to the filter and then to the speaker. They used to have RCA patch cord high pass filters too. They would go between the radio and amp, with the RCA cables. I gotta believe they still sell them somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
my JVC unit has the option to turn down the bass so my tweeters don't freak out. check in your option menu..you may have it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1slosix said:
my JVC unit has the option to turn down the bass so my tweeters don't freak out. check in your option menu..you may have it
Ii can turn down my bass but it affects my subs to! Lol I think I found the "HPF" well see in the morning! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
There is a little capacitor you can run in the positive wire feed to the speaker you can hook up, basically works as a high pass filter and cuts all the bass out of the speaker. I saw em on PartsExpress.com a while back, I'll see if I can hunt em down for ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justasix98 said:
There is a little capacitor you can run in the positive wire feed to the speaker you can hook up, basically works as a high pass filter and cuts all the bass out of the speaker. I saw em on PartsExpress.com a while back, I'll see if I can hunt em down for ya
It would be amazing if they had a tutorial also lol all you said right there ^^^ I got 2% of it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Scream said:
It would be amazing if they had a tutorial also lol all you said right there ^^^ I got 2% of it
Your wire to the speaker has a positive and a negative. All ya gotta do is run this thing with the positive wire to the speaker lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justasix98 said:
Your wire to the speaker has a positive and a negative. All ya gotta do is run this thing with the positive wire to the speaker lol
I can do that! Lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
What can I say, going fast just isn't right without music blaring through the stereo! Love my systems :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top