Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put new bushings on my car I had it on a lift the other day and noticed my front lower control arms bushings were pretty bad looking . I was wanting to know what bushings to get that are good for the job

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Just buy new a arms. They will have new bushings, new balljoints and it will be much easier.

If you still want to just do the bushings... Check out Rockauto or see if MM has any poly bushings that go in stock A arms. For balljoints get Steeda X2 units if you are doing them separately. You will need an alignment.

If you can still find a set, 03/04 Cobra a arms are the best oem ones.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wanting to put new bushings on my car I had it on a lift the other day and noticed my front lower control arms bushings were pretty bad looking . I was wanting to know what bushings to get that are good for the job

Okay probly gonna get just bushings and new ball joints unless the price between the two would be close .

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah your right on that one ! And there not really that bad in price probly just gonna go do that then . Thanks Scotty

·
Registered
812 Posts
Lower Control Arm Bushings are a B**** to change. I did it on my 04. You have to use an Air Hammer to get them out & a Ball Joint Press to get them back in. Took the whole day to do it.
You're much better off if you change out the whole control arm. Just a heads up on what you're getting into.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you and yes I have decided I'm gonna buy whole new arms

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Rockauto also has the Moog units for $78 each.

More Information for MOOG RK620900

More Information for MOOG RK620899

You have to pay shipping but with 5% off using the code in the general forum (just google "rockauto discount mustangevolution") it is probably still going to be cheaper even with $25-$30 shipping.

Moog is a really good brand in case you are not aware.

That said, the LRS ones would be fine too if you already got them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts