Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Mustang GT that I recently hit one of those cement guard posts with (not very big) at a gas station sadly, but I wasn't even going but like 2 mph maybe and only resulted in a rash on the paint, but barely to no bumper damage besides that. I plan to get a cobra front bumper that is already primed, where would I take it to get it painted? I'm pretty young, so I haven't been able to experience having to do something like this lol. Also, when you lightly hit the front bumper, there is something that makes a noise that almost sounds like its loose, or something minor broke, how can I diagnose this? Its really hard to see where it could be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
To properly paint the bumper cover, it must be removed from the car. You will be able to identify the loose or broken part at that time.
Pretty much any body shop will be able to respray the bumper cover. You can save a little bit of money by doing the removal and replacement of the bumper cover yourself.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
To properly paint the bumper cover, it must be removed from the car. You will be able to identify the loose or broken part at that time.
Pretty much any body shop will be able to respray the bumper cover. You can save a little bit of money by doing the removal and replacement of the bumper cover yourself.
^Yup

By removing it yourself, it gives you the easier ability to shop around and get an accurate estimate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts