Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just needed some help with something that has been going on for a while. My mustang has been making a weird noise and I don't know what it is. When I had my factory cold air intake on it, it made this like blooping noise. Almost like a milk jug when you pour water out to fast and the bottle flexes and makes that noise. Almost like a glug noise. I now have an aftermarket cold air intake and cant hear it from there anymore but if I stand behind the car you can hear like a glug or maybe a misfire in the exhaust. It doesn't happen the hole time its running but every once in like every 30 or so seconds you can hear it. It drives the same as it always has and I never lost any power I just don't know what the noise is. Please help!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Kind of sounds like a misfire, or back fire need to check and see if it is throwing any codes, do you notice if the RPM's go up and down a bit when you hear that sound? Any other work done on it? I blew out a spark plug on my 2000 GT but that sounded like a miss or exhaust leak before it blew.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
My guess is that its a loose plug or a plug is part blown or totally blown. I'd do the plugs and new COP boots and springs. If the plugs torque in solid to 15ft lbs with anti seize its not them. Good to change them anyway if they have not been done in awhile.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of sounds like a misfire, or back fire need to check and see if it is throwing any codes, do you notice if the RPM's go up and down a bit when you hear that sound? Any other work done on it? I blew out a spark plug on my 2000 GT but that sounded like a miss or exhaust leak before it blew.
Yeah I will go get it checked for codes soon! and the RPM gauge goes down maybe like 100 RPM when I hear it but nothing crazy. Would this make my car drop in power? I never felt a drop in it and It started after I changed the spark plugs like lasst year April.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My guess is that its a loose plug or a plug is part blown or totally blown. I'd do the plugs and new COP boots and springs. If the plugs torque in solid to 15ft lbs with anti seize its not them. Good to change them anyway if they have not been done in awhile.
I did change the plugs last year in April and that's when the problem started so maybe there is one loose. But they all went in well and torqued to the right specs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And also I just have an aftermarket exhaust. SLP loudmouth resonators and a different fuel filter.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
So you used anti seize on the plug threads and used an actual torque wrench and set them to 12-15ft lbs?

Well they can still blow out... awesome Ford using 4 thread heads and previous owners using "calibrated wrists". Not sure exactly what else your issue could be. Unless its a massive exhaust leak somewhere...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it , if the car is perfectly fine .. why give yourself the headache and stress over nothing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
779 Posts
Your not going to blow out a spark plug , not on that engine.

Trust me , your fine.

If one of your spark plugs have blown out , it would be dead obvious .. and if you were having a arcing issue or a coil on plug issue .. it would deff throw a dtc for a cylinder misfire or issues with acceleration.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not necessarily, he could have arcing issues but no code. My dads car had one whole cylinder out because the spark plug boot was burned out and just going to ground against the cylinder head. Didn't throw a single code just ran rough.

2003 GT: JLT CAI, summit 75mm TB, C&L plenum, 24# injectors, Mac Prochamber, SLP LM1 cat back, 3.73 Gears, FR500 Diff, FR500 diff cover, Jmod trans and shift kit, Max Motorsports subframes, Koni oranges front and rear, DBA discs front and rear, shrader performance rear seat delete, APSX D2 wideband, MPT happy customer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Prolly just a cop going out, doesn't always throw codes, and sounds exactly like what mine was doing

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts