Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I had a question about replacing my stock mid pipe. I want to get a pypes off road h pipe that will be paired with my SLP 1 resonators I welded in. The question I have is after I change the mid pipe will I have enough back pressure in my exhaust system? Will I lose power from doing this or will I gain a few? Obviously I know I wont be making any huge power gains from this, I just want to know if this will make me lose any. Thank you.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Yup, it'll be fine. It'll sound much better and breathe a little better. win-win

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I ran the pypes off road H with the SLP loudmouths. Worst choice I ever made. Trumpeted really bad and sounded like you had it floored no matter what. Quite embarrassing for people to hear it like that when just driving around. Makes you look very slow to everyone else around you. I hope you don't have neighbors withing a couple miles, because they will hate you.

To top it off, the tone was awful. If going with an off road mid pipe do your self a favor and get a chambered muffler. If you are set on running the SLP loudmouths then without a doubt you should stick with a catted mid.

Without my tune the power band shifted up on me. I lost some low end grunt. With the 40's installed and the tune everything is right where I want it.

I'm seriously trying to save you the headache and the wasted money having to redo your exhaust because it is too loud and sounds pretty bad. I have first hand experience with that exact setup, stay far away from it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
OP, maybe do a YouTube search for that combo so you can hear how you like it..? I've never heard that combo personality, so I couldn't tell you if I liked or disliked it, but exhaust is largely personal preference.

Instagram - @ab_mach1

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Depends how loud you want to go, that's going to be pretty loud and not sound too good, get chambered mufflers if you want to go the H route. I went with 44s which aren't too loud but if you want louder you go with 40s or 10s

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 75mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils. MGW short throw shifter, exedy stage 2 clutch

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
See ^^^ he's talking Flowmaster. I have Borla Stingers with an off road H midpipe. It's all personal taste IMO.

https://youtu.be/QOoAQTxtsqg

I personally like the H midpipe sound because it's cleaner and not as raspy. I'm sure someone has your resonators with an H pipe out there on YouTube.

Instagram - @ab_mach1

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
Off-road H with 40 series. Arguably one of the best systems for a stock cam 2V.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thank you for the heads up! And yeah I also was thinking about a chambered mid pipe. I looked some videos up on youtube and it does sound pretty loud and brappy. I'm definitely sticking with an H pipe though because the X pipes sound a little to raspy for me.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Just like Projectpony said, it will be waaay raspy, with those LM1s. Go LM 2s, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow Magnapacks etc, something if a straight thru design has some kind of insulation if only a little. I too had the LM1s but I had a BBK OR X mid pipe and it lasted about a week, basically as long as it took for my Magnapacks to ship to me. Changed them out and sold the barely used LMs on CL. The Magnapacks sound good with the ORX since they give it some tone, deeper sound, and cut out some of the rasp not all. Im fairly happy with this setup. On my 03 I have 40s welded in and a Pypes ORH ready to be installed prob this week sometime, Ill try to get a vid of it. Like Recon said and many others throughout the years an ORH and 40s sound great, its hard to beat! If I was to do it over on my 96 I will go this same route.

Its all personal preference, if you like the sound of what you stated dont let us sway you, do what makes you happy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
OP, maybe do a YouTube search for that combo so you can hear how you like it..? I've never heard that combo personality, so I couldn't tell you if I liked or disliked it, but exhaust is largely personal preference.

Instagram - @ab_mach1
I watched a bunch of videos before I did mine. They are very misleading. It is way louder, and sounds way worse in person. From that point forward I'll take exhaust clips with a grain a salt.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Here's one I took of the pypes off road H with the slps. I promise you it sounded 10 times worse in person.

It stayed on long enough for my 40's to come in. That seems fairly common with this setup....

https://youtu.be/Ak9NXUWt9Mk

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
I watched a bunch of videos before I did mine. They are very misleading. It is way louder, and sounds way worse in person. From that point forward I'll take exhaust clips with a grain a salt.

I agree. The LM1's are super loud with an X or an H. It's pretty hard to get an idea of how loud any of them are on video. Also, didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you. I just wanted to let OP know that you want to go with whatever sound you like based on hearing them, best you can anyways lol.

Instagram - @ab_mach1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine sounds nice with mac long tubes, o/r Prochamber, and single chamber magnaflows. Once I get a chance to record an exhaust clip I'll post it.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Plenty loud when you get on it and it doesn't drone at all really when cruising.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts