Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this vehicle as a project car. I am looking to do a complete overhaul of this car. I am in the process of removing everything from the car and getting the car sandblasted and painted.

I am looking for opinions on which is a better idea. To have a machine shop build the 4.6L SOHC motor with TrickFlow top end kit. Or to buy the ford Coyote 5.0L crate engine. If choosing the Coyote 5.0 what would you do with clutch/transmission/ and Rear.

Everything right now is stock on the car but I will be replacing everything as we reassemble.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Coyote swap would be awesome.

3.73 gears for the rear and you have a real runner on your hands.

IMO, nothing sounds as good as our 2v cars with a set of chambered mufflers though. Something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

IMO, nothing sounds as good as our 2v cars with a set of chambered mufflers though. Something to consider.

What else should I do to the rebuild if I were to go that route? I wouldn't mind keeping the engine I am just looking for overall performance.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Overall performance is going to be easiest with a new 5.0 engine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Just remember that with an engine swap a new wiring harness will be needed. Our cars are all computer controlled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just remember that with an engine swap a new wiring harness will be needed. Our cars are all computer controlled.

I found a couple sites running a pretty good deal coyote 5.0 with harness for 7,500

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
it is fully assembled turn key. 430hp 400lb/ft.
If you have the money now I believe Ford Racing is selling coyote crate motors with the control pack for $6,600. I believe it lasts til the end of the month. $7,500 is the typical price for it.

What is your overall goal for the car? A coyote swap is a badass project but it's not cheap by any means.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I found a couple sites running a pretty good deal coyote 5.0 with harness for 7,500
That s not bad. I was thinking a 5.0 coyote engine with harness would be more money.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you have the money now I believe Ford Racing is selling coyote crate motors with the control pack for $6,600. I believe it lasts til the end of the month. $7,500 is the typical price for it.

What is your overall goal for the car? A coyote swap is a badass project but it's not cheap by any means.
That is a great deal I will have to look at fords site. My overall goal is a car that has a lot of go but can be a daily driver. Want to run completely on pump gas/street legal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Do you think 3.73 gears would be better the 4.1?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Either would perform well.

Depends on your driving style - long trips, around town, etc.

Im going to put 4.10s in my 2v car when I re-gear.

I know the performance pack Coyote cars with factory 3.73s absolutely haul a$$!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If I were doing a Coyote swap into my '04 GT!.. I would do 3:55s but no more than 3:73!.. Remember, our SN95 platform cars are about almost 400 lbs lighter than the S197 platform!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Either would perform well.

Depends on your driving style - long trips, around town, etc.

Im going to put 4.10s in my 2v car when I re-gear.

I know the performance pack Coyote cars with factory 3.73s absolutely haul a$$!

Thanks for the input I think I am going to go with the 3.73s. I will start posting pics and progress as I begin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I were doing a Coyote swap into my '04 GT!.. I would do 3:55s but no more than 3:73!.. Remember, our SN95 platform cars are about almost 400 lbs lighter than the S197 platform!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

That is a good point. I am doing the Coyote Oil pan swap so I will fit on the stock K member. What are your thoughts about suspension?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts