Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 mustang GT and it has a bad rust spot on the passenger side rear quarter panel. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a patch panel for my 2002 mustang. Or any other suggestions on how to fix it. Thankyou.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
I'm from California.
Can you please explain to me what this "Rust" is, that you speak of?
:whistling:

I'm sure that someone must be making patch panels for these cars by now.
Another way to repair it would be to go to a wrecking yard and find a car that doesn't have any rust in the same location as your car, and cut out the section of the wrecking yard car to replace the section that is rusty on your car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The bad part is the rear panels are welded in. I have no clue if someone makes a panel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm from California.

You see, in areas where there is water or moisture in general, a chemical reaction can occur with iron causing it to rust. But it is not all bad, since we don't have to drive out of state when we get thirsty :lol:

You know that silver stuff that you see after the sun cracks all of the clearcoat and basecoat off of the cars in California? That turns brown during rusting

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I hear the gestapo in californiastan will throw you in jail for a 10 year minimum if you are caught owning rust.

Rust usually means you wasted water, which effectively means you're killing the environment

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
idk about you panther, but i just love the taste of nestle bottled water.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm from California.

I'm sure that someone must be making patch panels for these cars by now.
Another way to repair it would be to go to a wrecking yard and find a car that doesn't have any rust in the same location as your car, and cut out the section of the wrecking yard car to replace the section that is rusty on your car.
Haha. In Wisconsin I think every car has rust on it. Yeah I have been looking for a patch panel for a long time and cant seem to find one for the car. And yeah my other option was to go find a junked one with an in tact quarter panel. So I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
You will have to take it to a body shop for repairs.
Quarter panels are spot welded together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts