Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Sad to see them go man, g/l selling them.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
yeah dont want to but I really want a Mustang GT :uhh:
guessing your going for an 05 since your selling both?

EDIT:

Just a wild thought. Maybe it would be cheaper to drop the motor and tranny from the vic(if the tranny will fit) might be cheaper. Just a thought tho ;)

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sonic04edge said:
guessing your going for an 05 since your selling both?

EDIT:

Just a wild thought. Maybe it would be cheaper to drop the motor and tranny from the vic(if the tranny will fit) might be cheaper. Just a thought tho ;)
cant pay for the insuance on the 05 would love to, but naw the vic has 103,000 miles on the motor and my stang is gettin old.. would be more money to do that then would be to buy a new car ;)

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
cant pay for the insuance on the 05 would love to, but naw the vic has 103,000 miles on the motor and my stang is gettin old.. would be more money to do that then would be to buy a new car ;)

get an '02! :D

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
You gonna stick with an sn95 or goto a 99-04?

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
if you have a good record and a heafty downpayment, then an 05 gt wouldn't be too difficult to get, even with the insurance, which i think would be worth it, just for the 05

but since you said no on that, what year are you gonna get?

if you say 04, then get a mach 1 or a cobra instead

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
cuz 1) more horsepower and 2) insurance is cheaper on mach 1's and cobra's, just cuz fewer people have them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cheaper? :uhh:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
that's what my insurance company told me *shrugs*

i guess, statistically, there are about 75% more GT wrecks than cobra's and mach 1's, so insurance companies spend more paying claims on GT's, thereby raising the price of the premiums

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IF i can find a mach 1 then i will buy it, if not it will be prob a 01-04 GT. insurance for a 02 GT is $250 a month, with payments around $260-300 a month. cobra is more insurance. (atleast it is here) also I dont want a 5 speed for a day to day car, sucks in traffic, and yeah snow.. lets not talk about that one. :uhh:

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dark said:
if you have a good record and a heafty downpayment, then an 05 gt wouldn't be too difficult to get, even with the insurance, which i think would be worth it, just for the 05

but since you said no on that, what year are you gonna get?

if you say 04, then get a mach 1 or a cobra instead
05 GT around here is $26,900 to $30,000 cant pay for it... to much money Vs. $12,900-$17,900 for a 02+ GT with everything i want on it.
I have a clean insurance record (with my grandpa as my insurance guy)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
^though if you get $7k for each car, then you can put around $10k down on an 05, and pay your insurance off for at least 6 months (maybe even a year) with the other $4k. while you're waiting for insurance to catch up, you can save your money. plus, with a $10k downpayment, you'd only owe around $8k on the 05

personally i think it's worth it, but that's me

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dark said:
^though if you get $7k for each car, then you can put around $10k down on an 05, and pay your insurance off for at least 6 months (maybe even a year) with the other $4k. while you're waiting for insurance to catch up, you can save your money. plus, with a $10k downpayment, you'd only owe around $8k on the 05

personally i think it's worth it, but that's me
both cars over 100,000 miles, and no dealer would buy for more then $4000 each :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
FYI 5 speed > Auto in snow..

and unless you've had a 5 speed car before (and lived with it on a daily basis) and know for a fact you wouldn't be happy with it.. then I'd say you suck ;) manual trans = ownage.. soooo much more fun... the fun factor out of traffic alone is so worth it

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MonteCitan said:
FYI 5 speed > Auto in snow..

and unless you've had a 5 speed car before (and lived with it on a daily basis) and know for a fact you wouldn't be happy with it.. then I'd say you suck ;) manual trans = ownage.. soooo much more fun... the fun factor out of traffic alone is so worth it
well I love to drive in snow, (Indiana gets a good amount) and also this summer my Laptop PC will be in the car also 90% of the time, dont want to shift. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts