Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I do have a quick hypothetical question. If I wanted to ditch the M90 for more power. Would the newer TVS Roushcharger fot onto my engine? Or what is the next best substitute? I definitely want a twin screw instead of a Centri type blower. I was wanting to stick with a roush blower due to the car being a roush.

Btw. This will be in the future a good ways. I'm just trying to make a plan for the car. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awesome car! I have two 360r's #64 with 25k miles (white with blue) and #114 with 2k miles (red with white). They're fantastic well balanced cars
That's pretty amazing. Pretty cool to get 2 cars so rare and so well taken care of. Mine just hit 22k miles. I do love these cars.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
I do have a quick hypothetical question. If I wanted to ditch the M90 for more power. Would the newer TVS Roushcharger fot onto my engine? Or what is the next best substitute? I definitely want a twin screw instead of a Centri type blower. I was wanting to stick with a roush blower due to the car being a roush.

Btw. This will be in the future a good ways. I'm just trying to make a plan for the car. Lol

Iirc you will need to remove all the Roush stuff and install a Tork Tech kit. Or go 4V.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I see, the tork tech kits seem very interesting. But it's hard to tell of the 2300 fits the 2V at all. This wouldn't be til much further in the future. I guess I was just wanting to know for reference.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
The Roush setup only works with the m90 afiak. You can check on the TT site to see if 2300 fits. You will not really be able to use it with the stock motor tho. Rods will let go at 450-500.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bringing the thread back for a bit. Sorry I haven't answered. I do plan on doing an engine build before upgrading the supercharger. Definitely don't want it to let go on me.

I was thinking about doing a pulley upgrade but I was thinking that it might be better to change the crank pulley instead so I don't get any belt slip. What size do you think I need and should I just do the one on the supercharger instead? I think the size of pulley on the supercharger I would go to is 2.8 to give me about 8-9 lbs of boost. I don't know enough about the other pulleys unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
If the M90 is like the one on mine; you might get 8-9lbs total, not added. The blower is terrible; you're best bet is to get rid of that thing for a Whipple or Kenne Bell. Or do full exhaust and cams.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Right, it will only be 9 pounds total. Eventually I will do full exhaust and cams along with an engine build. In the mean time, I just want to squeeze more power out of it . I would rather put a new Roush TVS blower on it in the future if I can get it to fit somehow. I know the M90 is crap but it's what I have and I've seen people put down good numbers with the pulley and bolt on. 400 Hp is a good number for a 2V. Still pretty safe with a good tune too. Eventually I will have money to build the engine and swap a big blower on it. It's just not a possibility right now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No offense because I do appreciate the response but that's all I'm hearing is basically that my car is just slapped together and will blow up anyway or that my supercharger is crap and I need to throw it out. Although that may be true, I just can't do anything about it right now and I'm honestly just lucky to have the car.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
Get it tuned by a good tuner and roll. Overspinning the m90 is just going to make it heat up like crazy.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
If you want the Roush TVS blower you'll have to find a manifold that it can bolt on to. Then make a custom intake system for the supercharger. The inlet on the blower is on the right side and your CAI system is on the left side of your engine.
If you want to put a smaller pulley on it; upgrading the cooling system is a good idea. It will assist in dealing with the heat soak. Believe me I'm running into the same issues with my 3V Roush. I'm going with the 2.49" pulley from VMP with their 90mm idler. Heat soak is big factor with our cars.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for the replys. I will definitely have to figure something out when I come to that bridge. It won't be easy to get a 2.3 on there. Maybe I'll just have to ditch that idea at some point. What is the best way to upgrade the cooling system on the car? I haven't seen any issues with a 2.8 pulley. I have a couple friends that have done the pulley swap. Although, it wouldn't surprise me to see heat issues either.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So I have had a rattling in what seemed like the bell housing. I had a mechanic friend diagnose the rattle and he said it sounds like a piece of my clutch is rattling around. So it seems I'm replacing the clutch now. I know that I need a clutch, ford TOB and Pilot bearing. Now, do I NEED to get another flywheel? I'm really bothered about throwing down that much money. ( I know that cars cost money) but if it doesn't need it then I would rather replace it later on when timing is better. What do you guys think? Also, I was planning on getting the Spec stage 2 clutch kit. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Might be able to get it resurfaced.

Have to get it out first to have a good look see at it.

It's kinda like brake rotors though in my opinion, it would always be in the back of my mind that I should have put a new one in when I had it apart rather than going the cheaper route.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That's what I thought too. My friend told me that it doesn't... but I don't know how to tell personally. He said it's a stock steel flywheel by taking off the cover.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts