Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So what do you guys think? Don't remove the flywheel at all assuming it looks okay, Re-use the flywheel bolts or spend the money on an ARP flywheel bolt set? This could be a stupid question.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, I purchased the bolts. No reason to skimp on the installation now. I will have time this weekend to pill the Trans and see if I really need a flywheel or not.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

*pull

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So, the third starter bolt is now rounded off. These are such a pain to get to. What is the best way to get the bolt off now that the head is rounded? The socket will spin when pressure is applied.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
It's gonna be pretty tough to get a socket like that up there but it's worth a shot. I'd assume you're talking about the third bolt that nobody can see?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah it isn't going to be easy. I'm coming at it from the front and basically made a 3 foot extension. But yes that is definitely the bolt causing all the trouble.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
So it was a pain in the ***, but I managed to get mine out using a mid length 13mm socket (1/4drive) and about 4" of extensions. It out the ratchet at just the perfect point to break it loose.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It turns out that the sockets didn't work and maybe rounded it off more. I'm thinking my only option is to just snap off the starter and hope that it doesn't break the block because the starter is aluminum. I don't like this option.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
What if you undid your motor mount and raised up the engine? That might give you more room and a chance to get a look at it. Unfortunately those sockets need tapped on with a hammer to be effective.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts