Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
So when I pulled the transmission out of my '00 I removed the trans crossmember and lowered the transmission a bit so that I could get better access to those bolts.
That is a good idea. I wish I had the extra cash and I could just throw a tubular one on there anyway. I might try that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well the Trans bolts are just as bad. The first one broke my swivel and also rounded off after pulling hard enough. I got one of them out. So now I'm going to have to loosen the motor mount and push up on the engine to get a better shot at the upper transmission bolts. This has been awful the whole way.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I'm not sure tbh haha. They are probably cheap. I'm in the process of aquiring all craftsman tools but I am using a bunch of random sockets right now that belong to my dad and some probably from his dad haha. I'm unsure of brand.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Actually that's not entirely true. The socket that rounded off the bolt were used by my mechanic friend that came over to help. I'm guessing they are very high quality since he used his when the bolt rounded off

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Actually that's not entirely true. The socket that rounded off the bolt were used by my mechanic friend that came over to help. I'm guessing they are very high quality since he used his when the bolt rounded off

Tools break. When I was pulling the heads on my Ram a friend And myself broke two different Snap On extensions. The sad part; they were 1/2 extensions. Snap On was amused.

The heads took three days to pull apart. Then I saw that I had a total loss on my hands.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right, it will only be 9 pounds total. Eventually I will do full exhaust and cams along with an engine build. In the mean time, I just want to squeeze more power out of it . I would rather put a new Roush TVS blower on it in the future if I can get it to fit somehow. I know the M90 is crap but it's what I have and I've seen people put down good numbers with the pulley and bolt on. 400 Hp is a good number for a 2V. Still pretty safe with a good tune too. Eventually I will have money to build the engine and swap a big blower on it. It's just not a possibility right now.

Twins! Sweet car! A little history(you probably already know) in 2002 the first 360R's were built (80 White w/Blue stripes & 61 Red w/White stripes) in 2003 Roush put out the 380R(they just tweaked the 360 tune to get the extra 20hp boost, everything else is the same as the 360R) Then in 2004 they rolled out the 440A(400hp + 40th Anniversary) (to get yet another 20hp boost to reach the 400hp mark all they did was go from a 3in pulley to a 2.8in) So when I bought mine earlier this year, it was all stock w/6,300 miles on it. I got in touch with Roush to see if they could dig up a 380R tune( made 13yrs ago now). The guy got back to me and told me he did find the tune and to send him my computer. I said hold up how much is this going to cost me, he says he'd do it for free. :eek::thumb: Done! 3 days later I was running the 380R config. I went ahead and had a 2.8in pulley made for me and now I'm running the 440A config. Nobody would ever know it's been changed, and you can't beat $120 for another 40hp! Car runs like a champ, very quick:thumb: So yeah 400hp is a good number. Here's a few pics of mine. They turn some heads for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
That is a beautiful car. I do love these cars. I was wanting to do the same thing. How did you end up getting a hold of Roush? Also, where did you get that 2.8 pulley? Which belt did you have to buy afterwards. I'm really looking to do this with my car as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a beautiful car. I do love these cars. I was wanting to do the same thing. How did you end up getting a hold of Roush? Also, where did you get that 2.8 pulley? Which belt did you have to buy afterwards. I'm really looking to do this with my car as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks! I had the pulley made by South Florida Pulley Headquarters (www.southfloridapulleyhq.com) They made a high quality pulley that I couldn't see any imperfections with. I used the same belt since 2/10ths of an inch isn't much change as far as belt tension goes. I've been seeing about 8lbs of boost with it(up from the stock 6lbs), and I haven't seen any signs of slippage so you shouldn't have to change your belt. As for a Roush contact I got routed to a guy named Mike Bartolo ([email protected]) who was extremely helpful in find the tune and after my flood of questions reprogrammed my ECM for free! You'll notice the difference immediately, she'll just want to go, and you're still running an official Roush set up that dyno'd at 407hp. I wouldn't try to push that engine any further without strengthening the bottom end. These engines are rated to handle around 450hp(don't quote me on that # it may be slightly higher or lower) as is, and have been pretty notorious about blowing the bottom ends out. Here's some pics of new pulley & a belt pic (still looks brand new) Good luck! You've got a pretty sweet and rare ride there!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I wanted to make an update on this thread. Not a whole lot changed other than I have a Borla catless exhaust and a beautiful JLT Painted cold air intake. Still looking into pulley and tune for the car.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
If you can't find a pulley for the blower you can always get an overdriven crank pulley.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Use a pulley calculator. Google

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Go take a tape measure out and measure... Then look at available sizes for the crank.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

81 - 100 of 100 Posts